Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
23,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well interesting word.......in tennis a GOTE is a person who challenges the biggest opponent who has always won more titles than any other person in the world. Ok lets admit and face it, Federer has already been a GOAT for many years and he always has been a legend for a long time. But the REAL question is, Which player outta the three is a real GOTE behind Federer? In order for you to be a REAL GOTE, you gotta not only make it to the final, but you have to win some titles against the world #2 and world #1 in a grand slam final and also have taken a set off of them too. Now here are the three men in line for the other greatest player in history behind Fed.

1) Rafael Nadal, he leads the head 2 head against Fed 18-10, he has 6-2 lead over Federer in slam finals(more of that came from his fave surface.), he has won more sets off of Fed in slam finals, and he is one of the players who has beaten Fed in all slams finals except U.S. open. Did you know that Rafa has never beaten Fed on Indoor courts(i know you know this already dont nag at me:ras: )

2) Novak Djokovic, hes down 10-14 head to head against Fed, he's faced Fed in the semis in slams more than any other player, he was the first player to beat Fed in Basel. Did you know that Novak met Fed once in a slam final but didnt take a set off of Fed?(yall probably knew that too:rolleyes: )

3) Andy Murray, he leads Fed head to head 8-7, hes never faced Fed in the semis, he was the first player to beat Fed in a tennis masters cup. Did you know that Andy had more wins in hard courts against Fed than any other player? (Oh just shut up and deal with the statement, i know you know:mad: )

So you MTF Tards tennis fans, what else does these guys do to make sure that they are second best behind Fed. And please don't think im trying to make a certain player better than the other, i just want arguements and facts and other tactics.

An Honorary Mention of an unexpected player to challenge Fed and even won a slam is Juan Martin Del Potro.

Now lets begin.:angel:

·
Hakeem
5,234 Posts
Re: Who is the Real Legendary GOAT behind Fed?

What a phenomenally fantastic utterly amazing thread!

·
Registered
5,552 Posts

I don't know. Let's wait until all of them retires.
But I just want to say the Fedal match is more than any other match in modern tennis history. Even more than Sampras-Agassi.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts

·
Registered
23,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I don't know. Let's wait until all of them retires.
But I just want to say the Fedal match is more than any other match in modern tennis history. Even more than Sampras-Agassi.
Yes i agree with the fact that we must wait till all of them retire, but what if Fed retires earlier than those three players, im not saying that he will retire soon, i am just trying to see where these boys stand behind Federer. And yes Fedal will always be a great rivalry to watch for a very long time.

·
Registered
23,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Well im talking about in this current era not in the past, i didnt say Fed is the greatest player ever. I saying in this era who is the best behind Federer, not who is the second greatest player in the world behind Federer.

Where did Hewitt=Legend's post went:scratch: i was gonna reply to him:confused:

·
Banned
2,139 Posts

How on earth would anyone know if a player today is better than Rod Laver was? Blind fanboyism to suggest anyone today is "goat" :lol:

·
Registered
23,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Like i said in my other post, Im not talking about other legends, im talking about players who have challenge Fed and was close enough to be as great as he was in this era, not the past:eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
10,504 Posts

Rafarta&Grigorior♥;11861688 said:
Well im talking about in this current era not in the past, i didnt say Fed is the greatest player ever. I saying in this era who is the best behind Federer, not who is the second greatest player in the world behind Federer.

Where did Hewitt=Legend's post went:scratch: i was gonna reply to him:confused:
I don't know where it went, random lol. All I was saying is that there is no such thing as a GOAT and you can't compare generations. Federer and Laver have stated several times that it is enough just to be called the best of your era.

As for right now and the question your asking in this thread, it's pretty obvious that Nadal is the second best player.

Ajde :sad:

·
Registered
23,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Who is the Real Legendary GOAT behind Fed in this current era?

Ok i will say that Yes of course Rod Laver is a great player and was a GOAT back then, but im just wandering which outta those three i mentioned that are Real GOATs behind Fed in this era thats all, im not trying to play favoritism. And once again name other stats and tactics that these three amaze you with against Fed.

·
Banned
2,139 Posts

How can someone by GOAT of an era? GOAT stands for Greatest Of All-Time :lol:

·
Hakeem
5,234 Posts

How can someone by GOAT of an era? GOAT stands for Greatest Of All-Time :lol:
it would still be goat, but rather GOTE (greatest of the era)

·
Banned
703 Posts
Rafarta&Grigorior♥;11861661 said:
Well interesting word.......in tennis a GOTE is a person who challenges the biggest opponent who has always won more titles than any other person in the world. Ok lets admit and face it, Federer has already been a GOAT for many years and he always has been a legend for a long time. But the REAL question is, Which player outta the three is a real GOTE behind Federer? In order for you to be a REAL GOTE, you gotta not only make it to the final, but you have to win some titles against the world #2 and world #1 in a grand slam final and also have taken a set off of them too. Now here are the three men in line for the other greatest player in history behind Fed.

1) Rafael Nadal, he leads the head 2 head against Fed 18-10, he has 6-2 lead over Federer in slam finals(more of that came from his fave surface.), he has won more sets off of Fed in slam finals, and he is one of the players who has beaten Fed in all slams finals except U.S. open. Did you know that Rafa has never beaten Fed on Indoor courts(i know you know this already dont nag at me:ras: )

2) Novak Djokovic, hes down 10-14 head to head against Fed, he's faced Fed in the semis in slams more than any other player, he was the first player to beat Fed in Basel. Did you know that Novak met Fed once in a slam final but didnt take a set off of Fed?(yall probably knew that too:rolleyes: )

3) Andy Murray, he leads Fed head to head 8-7, hes never faced Fed in the semis, he was the first player to beat Fed in a tennis masters cup. Did you know that Andy had more wins in hard courts against Fed than any other player? (Oh just shut up and deal with the statement, i know you know:mad: )

So you MTF Tards tennis fans, what else does these guys do to make sure that they are second best behind Fed. And please don't think im trying to make a certain player better than the other, i just want arguements and facts and other tactics.

An Honorary Mention of an unexpected player to challenge Fed and even won a slam is Juan Martin Del Potro.

Now lets begin.:angel:
This thread is designed purely to make people kiss Rafa's well-fondled ass. I'm not going to comply.

Murray is Federer's greatest nemisis, and it ain't even close.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Right now, after Roger it's Nadal. But if Nole has 2-3 good years, we'll have a debate on our hands.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Simon Reed.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts