Votes: 39 29.3%
  • Rafael Nadal (2006, 2007) - active player

Votes: 16 12.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Right now I'd say Pat Rafter since he had a chance in both finals. Roddick and Nadal still have chances to win it.

·
Can't be bothered anymore
23,023 Posts
History like it has to be Lendl, who would have won all 4 slams when he had been successful in Wimbledon, personal for me Rafter, especially in that dramatical 2001 final, which didn't deserved someone to lose.

Rafa and Andy are still active which means they have the chance to get a title.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Andy. Probably will never win Wimbledon. Even if Roger retires, he will have to deal with the young guns like Berdych, Nadal, and Gasquet.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
I would go with Rafter for sentimental reasons.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I would say hands down Lendl. Some of you are too young to remember his legendary obssession with winning Wimbledon. He already had the other 3 slams and trained very hard and was very vocal about his desire to win it. No one in this poll comes as close to lendl did in achieving the career slam. Basically Lendl's Wimby was like Pete's Roland Garros.

·
RAJ KAREGA KHALSA
9,981 Posts
I'll go with Roddick as well.

I don't have sympathy for Llendl because he had so much experience in losing grand slam finals.

Rafter also had a great chance in 2001 when he did not have to face Sampras.

Rafa's only 21, and he has many more Wimbledons ahead of him.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Right now I'd say Pat Rafter since he had a chance in both finals. Roddick and Nadal still have chances to win it.

~~~
Pat Rafter had more than a chance:sad:

2000** Rafter led Sampras by a set & was a couple of points away from a 2-set lead in the 2nd set tiebreaker [4-1]~~ then he admitted to choking:sad:

2001** Rafter was playing a guy ranked #114:eek: ... At 6-5 in the 5th set Rafter had 0-30 on Ivanisavic`s serve & had a look at a 2nd serve, his return barely missed... Had the balll landed in Rafter would have had 3-MATCH POINTS:sad: ... So close but so far away><

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Roddick came close in 2004 but even then he couldn't take more than a set off Federer. I think that match is the reason why so many Roddick fans still believe he can beat Federer one day.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I would say hands down Lendl. Some of you are too young to remember his legendary obssession with winning Wimbledon. He already had the other 3 slams and trained very hard and was very vocal about his desire to win it. No one in this poll comes as close to lendl did in achieving the career slam. Basically Lendl's Wimby was like Pete's Roland Garros.
I agree. I however will not call him "unfortunate" not having won. Having reached a Final is never an unfortunate thing, it is an achievement in itself. "Unlucky" maybe. Being always no. 2 ("always a bridesmaid") is not so bad as it may appear to be. It is just, in any competition, there is always just one winner.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts