Mens Tennis Forums banner

Whos is the most talented serve-bot ?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think, Karlovic because he has a good net-play and slices.
Raonic also should be mentioned. Being such a terrific server with only 196 cm shows some sign of talent

1. Karlovic
2. Raonic
3. Anderso
4. Querrey
5. Isner

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Re: Whos is the most talented serve-bot ?

Karlovic and Isner.

·
28,760 Posts
Re: Whos is the most talented serve-bot ?

Raonic..not even close.

First according to the eye test.
First according to current ATP rankings.
First according to career high ATP ranking.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
The Doc.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Anderson is considered a servebot? If yes, I voted for him. To me he's more like Berdych. Anyways, IMHo he's got best ground game amongst the ones listed.

If not, then Raonic.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Anderson and Querrey aren't servebots.

Game: Karlovic > Raonic/Isner
Mental strength: Isner > Raonic > Karlovic
Consistency: Raonic > Karlovic > Isner

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Isner for sure

best all around game of them all, moves incredibly well for 7 foot tall. important to note that he does a lot of things nearly as well (movement, groundstrokes) as some of these other servebots who are considerably smaller than him (besides Karlovic)

John is underrated. of the servebots he's come the closest to really winning the big titles at Master 1000 events. his only downfall to me is his iffy consistency at big events, especially slams, and the fact that he seems to not have a lot of gas after a few rounds in events

appalling to me that some would pick Karlovic over Isner. Ivo may have possibly the best serve of all time but his groundgame is abysmal next to Isner. I would argue Isner at moments has a top 10 groundgame. it's just when you're 7 foot tall it's hard to get around quickly, and even so John moves around the court great when comparing him to Karlovic

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Federer I guess.

·
Registered
5,043 Posts

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Raonic, although Isner and Anderson are both good picks as well with solid ground games.

Nothing against Ivo but I don't see how people think he's the most talented. He has by far the most one dimensional game out of all these players and relies the most heavily on his serve to win. Of all of them he is the most "botty", IMO.

·
Registered
17,621 Posts
How is anyone picking Karlovic? :lol:

It's definitely between Isner and Raonic. And I'd say that Isner's volleying skills alone puts him ahead of Raonic.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Id go for Anderson.
Isner in my opinion is the worst. he certainly is the most mentally stable tho, i dont know how many matches i have watched with him where he clearly was the worse player and deserved to lose and yet he won it because he just doesnt break down in the tiebreak. he mustve won so many tiebreaks in his life, even if he lost 10 in a row now his confidence must still be up there...

lets be honest, they are all professionals and put in hundreds of hours during practice, so of course he can hit the ball in the court, but every single match im surprised at how bad his ground game is and that hes not winning much easier with this serve. he hits a few incredible ground shots (returns especially) but how is this coming? hes running around second serves a lot and just puts it all in there, naturally out of 10 theres gonna be 1 or 2 good shots in there. same in baseline rallies, he just goes for it all the time so theres gonna be a good shot here or there, thats why hes winning these tiebreaks... i think its a tragedy to watch this guy play tho...

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
It's tough to answer, but anyway the guy who can't hit a topspin BH is clearly the least talented.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,427 Posts
Anderson a servebot? What a load of nonsense. His ground game is pretty good for such a tall guy. Statistics will obviously say Raonic is the answer to the thread, which he probably is, but I'll give Big Kev my vote because he's one of the most underrated players on this site, considering he's not rated at all...

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Hard to say

Raonic - best serve according to height - same height is Berdych for example, taller guys are Cilic or Del Potro - with worse serves so his service is his talent + has solid baseline game - is talented no matter what haters say

Isner - baseline game sometimes good sometimes bad, but his volleys sucks, his return sucks - i would say Isner is really Serve-FH combo guy comparing to others

Karlovic - never learned with coach so that´s why his BH sucks, but his volleys are pretty good and wouldn´t call him untalented

Anderson - would call him hard worker - guy doesn´t excell at anything - even his serve to his height is good but not great - overall he is in 2015 best player from baseline - maybe can match Milos from baseline but Milos has better serve

Querrey - hard to say - he is mentally weak, serve-FH combo like Isner, but different type overall

Most talented probably is Raonic considering his serve to his height and overall best baseline game out of this group of guys

1 - 20 of 23 Posts