Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who is the more talented player?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I honestly think Sock is the more talented one. Raonic is the one who improved more lately but Sock still has more time

The biggest challenge for Sock will be to to improve his mental aspect of the game. His lack of patience on the court and his bad general attitude on court hurts his game overall

And this is not a question about who will have a better career, but who is more naturally gifted

Discuss

Oh and canadatards please no national tardism without arguments. Thanks

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you guys are delusional.

Sock has a 31-34 W/L.. and you are comparing talents with a great player like Raonic?
Sock still has room to improve, is not even close to his peak and is 2 years younger

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Sock still has room to improve, is not even close to his peak and is 2 years younger
What are you talking about? Raonic is a big talent so is anyone in the top 10. you are comparing a friggin rank 60..

Jack sock is 22 years of age in 30days.. he has a negative W/L record.. this thread is stupid.. your riding the popularity wave.. from now on youve lowered yourself in my eyes.. Worst thread this month by far.. :p

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
you guys are delusional.

Sock has a 31-34 W/L.. and you are comparing talents with a great player like Raonic?
He's talking about talent. Raonic has a fantastic work ethic and it gets him far, but he's got zero imagination or natural genius. He's a particularly accomplished journeyman in my view. He's also ranked higher than Monfils ever was, for example - but you'd have to be mentally ill to suggest he's more talented than Monfils.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
He's talking about talent. Raonic has a fantastic work ethic and it gets him far, but he's got zero imagination or natural genius. He's a particularly accomplished journeyman in my view. He's also ranked higher than Monfils ever was, for example - but you'd have to be mentally ill to suggest he's more talented than Monfils.
You must be mentally ill if you think Jack sock has more talent than Raonic.. and why bring Monflis in to this?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
You must be mentally ill if you think Jack sock has more talent than Raonic.. and why bring Monflis in to this?
Why not - nothing like a good tangent. Actually I don't think he necessarily is, they're both relatively talentless. I'd love to know how you justify calling Raonic talented.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Why not - nothing like a good tangent. Actually I don't think he necessarily is, they're both relatively talentless. I'd love to know how you justify calling Raonic talented.
His whole game is talented.. especially in the serv aspect. you must be talented in all of the games areas to be in the TOP 10 especially at a young age.. Jack Sock..

Go home MTF you are drunk.

·
Premium Member
3,051 Posts
His whole game is talented.. especially in the serv aspect. you must be talented in all of the games areas to be in the TOP 10 especially at a young age.. Jack Sock..

.......... A good point well made.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts

He's a no-talent, personality-free waste of space who was taught to hit big serves from a young age. And he's got the work ethic to eke out deep runs in big tournaments without ever winning and without ever doing anything exciting.

Here's a rule of thumb - if watching somebody play tennis is always, without exception, like watching paint dry, they're not talented.

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bad rept from Vladoz for this

:superlol:

Get out :wavey:

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
He's a no-talent, personality-free waste of space who was taught to hit big serves from a young age. And he's got the work ethic to eke out deep runs in big tournaments without ever winning and without ever doing anything exciting.

Here's a rule of thumb - if watching somebody play tennis is always, without exception, like watching paint dry, they're not talented.
what you're talking about are esthetics, not talent. the goal of the game is to win the points. talent is a measurement of the natural ability to do that. raonic is by far better than sock in that. what you're talking is your personal perception of his game, more or less completely unrelated to talent.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Bad rept from Vladoz for this

:superlol:

Get out :wavey:
Its because you had no idea who Jack Sock is.. and u watched the game a bit..live score.. and u felt the hate on Raonic

You probably felt lonely at the time aswell.. and you tought to yourself "i could use some love..."

You soley created this thread.. to bash on Raonic.. to hate on Canadians who for the first time have Success in Tennis. Just so you could get some support and recognition and lastly love.

Thats why

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Its because you had no idea who Jack Sock is.. and u watched the game a bit..live score.. and u felt the hate on Raonic

You probably felt lonely at the time aswell.. and you tought to yourself "i could use some love..."

You soley created this thread.. to bash on Raonic.. to hate on Canadians who for the first time have Success in Tennis. Just so you could get some support and recognition and lastly love.

Thats why
:haha: I hope you're just trolling right now

You think i'm like you following this sport for like one year? :lol: I've definetly seen Sock play many times as i did with Raonic and as they have similar gamestyles i thought it would be interesting to open a thread to know what the other people think. I didn't open it because "i can use some love". I'm not an attention whore (unlike you)

And where in the world is my hate for Raonic in all of this? I didn't say anything bad about Raonic, i only compared the two and i posted my arguments in why i think Sock is more talented and has more room to improve. I think Raonic is good but Sock is better. There's no hate in this :wavey: And it's just my opinion. There's no need for you to be butthurt

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
:haha: I hope you're just trolling right now

You think i'm like you following this sport for like one year? :lol: I've definetly seen Sock play many times as i did with Raonic and as they have similar gamestyles i thought it would be interesting to open a thread to know what the other people think. I didn't open it because "i can use some love". I'm not an attention whore (unlike you)

And where in the world is my hate for Raonic in all of this? I didn't say anything bad about Raonic, i only compared the two and i posted my arguments in why i think Sock is more talented and has more room to improve. I think Raonic is good but Sock is better. There's no hate in this :wavey: And it's just my opinion. There's no need for you to be butthurt
When you are comparing a rank 6 with rank 60s(which is his best ranking ever) its an insult to Raonic and all his fans on this forums..

And if you´ve seen Sock play you most likely have seen him loose considering he got 31-35 W/L record atm.

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
Raonic imho, don't get where people see all this talent in Sock as if he's some kind of crafty player or something. he gets constantly routined by Mannarino to name one.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts