Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Novak Djokovic?
Can't believe he even wants Mickey Mouse Challenger that much...

·
Registered
21,230 Posts
Probably someone at Sunrise.

·
Banned
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Novak was world number 15 during Prostejov 2003

I remember Verdasco was around 18-20 when entered the same Prostejov challenger to gain points for Olympics

Probably someone at Sunrise.
yup always has a strong field, Dnepropetrovks was another great CH.

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Canas was #12 at Dnepropetrovsk 2007 :eek:
That should take the cake :lol: As a top 10 player you are not allowed to play challengers, not even with a Wild Card so it can be number 11 at best

·
ツ
7,561 Posts
That should take the cake :lol: As a top 10 player you are not allowed to play challengers, not even with a Wild Card so it can be number 11 at best
I wonder what would happen if you were say ranked #11 at the beginning of Roland Garros, took a wild card into Prague (the week following the French Open), won the French Open and then bulleted to around #4 in the world. You could probably still play Prague as you were outside the top 10 when you were given the wild card. :D

·
Registered
5,521 Posts
So, that means Berdych and Youzhny are much bigger vultures than Ferrer, no? :eek:
And it breaks Ferrer's heart that he's not allowed to participate in challengers due to being top10, thus not being able to outvulture Berdych and Youzhny :sad:

Poor Ferru, I hope you get to be #11 soon so you can vulture a challenger :hug:

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
This rule didn't exist forever you know.;)
Thanks, didn't know it. When was it introduced? if you know

I wonder what would happen if you were say ranked #11 at the beginning of Roland Garros, took a wild card into Prague (the week following the French Open), won the French Open and then bulleted to around #4 in the world. You could probably still play Prague as you were outside the top 10 when you were given the wild card. :D
I don't think you'd be allowed but that's too unlikely to happen for us to find the truth :lol:

·
Registered
5,521 Posts
What about protected ranking? :D

What if a player with a protected ranking of, lets say #15, comes back from injury and withing 10 months becomes #1. Could he use his protected ranking which would be lower than his actual ranking to enter a challenger? Probably not, but it would be hilarious :cool:

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts