Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 9 7.1%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Its difficult to vote for this when you are only 21.... and tennis is soooo new here... :p
Anyway, I heard from many people that Laver was incredible.
I´ve seen some of IceBorg´s matches on tape, and :eek: He was so great!
So, I would be between those two and Pete.
As Borg is someone Ive actually seen play and that has the style most appealing to me, Im gonna pick him. :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Conners is without a doubt one of the best ever. He was #1 probably longer than anyone else, he played from like 1972 to the 1990s, almost to 40 yrs old, and he won constantly. Arthur Ashe had to retire early because of his heart and never was able to play tennis again, but he was certainly one of the great champions.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Ken Rosewall was right up there. Not saying he was the best, but he was not far from it if he wasn't.

He won French, Australian & US Opens in the early 1950s, then turned pro and couldn't play the majors for 11 years (during which time he won many of the Pro Majors). It also took Laver 2 years to beat Rosewall on the Pro tour after Laver turned Pro and had just won his first Grand Slam.

Then Rosewall comes back to the tour in 1968 and won the US Open, Aussie Open and French Open again!!!!

Although he didn't win WImbledon, he was a finalist 4 times and missed out on playing during his 11 years from his early 20s to mid 30s!

Ken Rosewall certainly one of the !!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Pete Sampras. People often talk of "new technology" for years now, and Pete has been using the same type racket he's been using since he started carreer. If he uses the racket today's top player are using, I have no doubt that his shots would be much more powerful.

·
Registered
24,677 Posts
Pete Sampras, the greatest of the greatest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Why Guillermo Vilas is not in that poll?

He is the best:D

·
Registered
24,677 Posts
pete is the greatest, no argument :D :p

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'd say Bjorn Borg cause no man has won the French Open-Wimbledon double for 22 years (and counting).

Plus he won so many in such a short career, if he played more surely he would've won more.

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
i am agree with Pea, Andy is the best ever, by far!:rolleyes:

talking on real tennis players, in my opinion the greatest ever must be some of this three dudes: Borg, Laver and/or Lendl;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would say that Pistol Pete Sampras is the most dominant player of all time but in terms of actual ability and talent - there is only one person it could possibly be >>>>>>>>>>>

JOHNNY MAC - he could play any style on any surface and absolutely destroy his opponents with a mixture of speed, agility, tactics, power and seemingly magical control over the tennis ball - basically, what Johnny Mac couldn't do with a tennis ball just wasn't worth doing ............. he was undoubtedly the most naturally gifted player to ever walk on a court and pick up a racket. The only person that comes close to him (and I hate to say it because of his disgusting attitude) is Marcelo Rios.

hehe - fairly contentious choices but hey - if you don't like then you know what to .......

JUST BRING IT !!!!!!!

21 - 40 of 86 Posts