·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Murray,by a mile.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Yes, it is clearly Murray.

He achieved a lot with pushing, despite having a weak forehand and second serve.

·
Registered
7,042 Posts
Murray is not a pusher as he can NOT push if wants. He choses to do it when it makes sense as he grew smarter over the years.

Pushing is generally a sensible tactic...

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Murray is not a pusher as he can NOT push if wants. He choses to do it when it makes sense as he grew smarter over the years.

Pushing is generally a sensible tactic...
Pushing is suboptimal and boring tactic which maybe prevented Pushray from being a better rival to the Big 3 at slams, and more popular and appreciated among tennis fans around the world.

·
Registered
21,234 Posts
It's obviously Andy Murray.

He won 3 slams by capitalising on others making errors. He was the opposite of a go-getter.

Ironically, he was the type to shout and scream when others would spank winners past him, when his pushing didn't work and the opponent rose above it.

Andy Murray may have been utterly void of charisma, but he had a lot of determination and he was an exemplary professional in his preparation. He really lived for tennis and that's why he won as much as he did, with as little talent as he had.

·
Registered
7,042 Posts
It's obviously Andy Murray.

He won 3 slams by capitalising on others making errors. He was the opposite of a go-getter.

Ironically, he was the type to shout and scream when others would spank winners past him, when his pushing didn't work and the opponent rose above it.

Andy Murray may have been utterly void of charisma, but he had a lot of determination and he was an exemplary professional in his preparation. He really lived for tennis and that's why he won as much as he did, with as little talent as he had.
Aren't you banned clown?

·
Registered
9,208 Posts
For real, at least Murray attacks every now and then and has weapons, Simon is without a doubt the most boring player I’ve ever seen. Absolutely no weapons and practically never does anything but hit 50 mph shots to the middle of the court.
Gillou once said something along these lines: "I'm not as talented as other players, but every ball I send back into my opponent's court gives me a chance to win."

·
Registered
37 Posts
It's Wilander obviously. How can everyone say Murray when there was a guy who won more than twice as much with even less weapons? He was the biggest overachiever ever.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Murray destroyed his career when he bulked up in around 2011.

If he had remained like in 2008, he could have had Djokovic-like longevity. Honestly, his backhand was a thing of beauty, forehand and serve solid at his best.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
It's Wilander obviously. How can everyone say Murray when there was a guy who won more than twice as much with even less weapons? He was the biggest overachiever ever.
Watch a few points from this, if you dare:

Surely the worst level of entertainment in a GS final ever. They should have refused to hand out the trophy to the winner.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts