Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who is the most powerfful hitter today ???

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i mean really murderous forehands and backhands ??? ( raw power & rockets )

i feel it's JMDP(seeing the simon match yesterday and fed match 2 yrs ago )

What u have to say ???

(i left out Mr. Gonzalez and Mr. Blake coz they have really faded out nowadays )

AND GUYS IM TALKING ABT RAW POWER HITTING AT THEIR ABSOLUTE PEAK FORM ....WITH TODAY I MEAN TODAY'S PLAYERS(NOT LIKE AT PRESENT)

·
Registered
44,896 Posts
Re: Who is the biggest power-hitter (ball-basher) today ???

Now? Soderling.

Since coming back Del Potro hasn't seemed to have the usual power he's had. Tsonga and Berdych both have good power but they both rely on other aspects of their game too to back up that power and Cilic doesn't seem to have as much power as the others.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts

Is this even serious question? Delpo is hitting the ball harder than anyone in history- consistently, maybe Gonzalez or Monfils hit once, twice harder FH, but consistently Delpo is level above rest, than Soderling, Berdych, than maybe Gulbis, Tsonga.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Now? Soderling.

Since coming back Del Potro hasn't seemed to have the usual power he's had. Tsonga and Berdych both have good power but they both rely on other aspects of their game too to back up that power and Cilic doesn't seem to have as much power as the others.
BUT YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN HIS MATCH WITH SIMON YESTERDAY , HE WAS HITTING IT REALLY HARD I THINK...

·
Banned
8,385 Posts

Delpo is sh't atm, he cant be considered because its not effective against anyone decent thesedays.

His ballbashing not bothering many, it did make Simon look better counterpuncher than Murray. :lol:

And Simon did say himself that he is worse version of Murray...

·
Registered
3,197 Posts

Delpo is sh't atm, he cant be considered because its not effective against anyone decent thesedays.

His ballbashing not bothering many, it did make Simon look better counterpuncher than Murray. :lol:

Gilles took two sets of Roger in their only GS meeting. Andy has yet to do that against Fed.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Is this even serious question? Delpo is hitting the ball harder than anyone in history- consistently, maybe Gonzalez or Monfils hit once, twice harder FH, but consistently Delpo is level above rest, than Soderling, Berdych, than maybe Gulbis, Tsonga.

Gilles took two sets of Roger in their only GS meeting. Andy has yet to do that against Fed.
KINDLY VOTE WHO YOU CHOOSE ????

·
Registered
3,197 Posts

KINDLY VOTE WHO YOU CHOOSE ????
Tsonga I mean the way he blew Roger off the court at Wimbledon was just scary :worship:

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts

Andrey Golubev. If you added brainless ball-basher then it would be Andrey Golubev.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts

When they're all on form, it has to be Delpo followed closely by Soderling. Delpo takes hitting the ball hard to a whole new level never before seen in Tennis, when he's doing that consistently it's practically impossible to deal with, even for the best of the best.

·
Premium Member
21,585 Posts

Andrey Golubev. If you added brainless ball-basher then it would be Andrey Golubev.
Yup, some of his shots in the Nadal match were scary, if he could hit them consistently, that would really be something :D

·
Registered
7,805 Posts

Easy. Soderling. Just have to look into his matches with the other power-hitters. Then he is the guy that runs the show no matter if it's Tsonga, Berdych, Del Potro.

He isn't all forehand either but hits his BH with as much force when he likes. And just because he is sick doesn't mean he fell off the earth. Remember how Soderling himself destroyed Simon last time they played in RG with his power-hitting. Something Delpo failed with big time yesterday on a surface slightly faster.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts

"Il m'a cassé la gueule (He demolished me)." – what Simon said after that match. :hug: Of course, he was less comfortable retrieving missiles on clay as opposed to hard courts, but still... That was some scary stuff from Soderling.

·
Registered
421 Posts

probably soderling followed by del potro

Reactions: Shirogane

·
Registered
662 Posts

Del Potro even now, no matter if he is not 100 %. Anyone who voted for Söderling, you need to check out some Söderling-Del Potro matches.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts

The ones voting Tsonga cannot have seen his matches against Soderling. Robin is constantly the one dictating play because of his power on both sides, which is also why Tsonga has such an awful record against him with no wins.

It's between Del Potro and Soderling if we talk consistent, forehand and backhand power-hitting.

·
Banned
260 Posts

nadal. he hits his aesthetically hideous groundstrokes as hard as he possibly can on nearly every single shot.

he has to bash the ball as hard as he possibly can to get the topspin he gets, and boy does it look UGLY.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts

Del Potro even now, no matter if he is not 100 %. Anyone who voted for Söderling, you need to check out some Söderling-Del Potro matches.
This, it seems like Soderling is the boy and Delpo is man when they play in term of raw power.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts

Nadal has the most power behind his shots. The tornado of spin and drive make them hard for any player to hit back. Ask federer

·
Banned
260 Posts

i'd usually agree, but given how he played yesterday, i'm not so sure.

i still think del potro's sudden change in power may have earned him a US Open title, but it's also systematically destroying his wrists and shoulder.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts