Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who Is?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
10,284 Posts
Dead Even Poll and Rightly so.

Peak Gonzo's FH is = to DelHowitzer's Peak FH

And Tommy Haas when peaking and not injured is the German Maestro.

Both had aggressive all-court games that could wreck most opponents, but one (unfortunately) became riddled with injuries, while the other had match-up problems to Federer :p.

Either way both were God Damn Entertainers!!!

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Tommy Haas is the better all-court all-round player, but Fernando Gonzalez stands to this day as having the most powerful forehand the game has ever seen. (Only rivaled by Del Potro)

I would go with Haas, personally.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Is this serious ? :lol:
Gonzo, by far, for me.
Just rewatch the SF of AO 2007 if you any doubt :p (or just the h2h between them)

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
haas. career high ranking 2

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Trying to be as objective as possible, I think that Haas was more talented but Gonzo was better player. The way he destroyed Tommy in AO 07 was amazing.

Hard to call because they are two of my favourite players of all time...

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Trying to be as objective as possible, I think that Haas was more talented but Gonzo was better player. The way he destroyed Tommy in AO 07 was amazing.

Hard to call because they are two of my favourite players of all time...
Yeah. Although limited to his forehand Gonzalez, he could do a lot more than Haas could in-terms of damage against the very best and crem-della-crem just because of that forehand. Haas being more complete didn't really enable him to crack through as much as Gonzalez did in terms of success.

Will never forget this match in the masters cup (YEC), absolutely obliterating forehands against peak Fed and actually WON!

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Voted for Gonzalez as i liked his game more

·
Banned
9,211 Posts

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
I don't know it's too difficult for me to decide that's why i voted subjectively

·
12,691 Posts
I would say Haas because of his amazing comebacks. Personally I prefer Gonzalez even though I believe Haas is more talented. Haas has the prettier game. Gonzalez was just much more exciting to watch though (for me at least). Even more exciting than guys like Safin. That FH was just beyond amazing.

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
Haas for a lot of reasons. Gonzalez had one of the biggest forehands of all time though.

·
Banned
9,577 Posts
both weak era chokers

whenever they played their best tennis Fraud was lost

·
Registered
57,600 Posts
Haas probably

Mental midget, injured all the time, still did as much or more with his career than Gonzo. Gonzo when he was on was the best player in the world, but Haas had potential to be consistently great that Gonzo never did.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Gonzo because peak

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Haas is the better all-around tennis player. Gonzalez had a great forehand, but his backhand could be iffy, and I wouldn't say he had a lot of finesse to his game. That said, I'd take Gonzalez's results over Haas's.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Peak form Gonzalez was the stronger player, but Haas had a more sustainable and complete game.

Gonzalez's game was usually high-risk, high energy tennis.

·
Registered
57,600 Posts
I'd rather have Gonzo's career for sure. Mostly because Haas underachieved badly. And I don't really think Gonzalez did. He just had too many holes in his game and too bad a bad day. Haas had a lot of things to fall back on. Gonzalez it was all or nothing.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
^OP asked for who was better.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts