Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who is the better tennis player, Isner or Tipsarevic?

• Isner

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Tipsarevic

Votes: 32 64.0%
  • Tie

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
I can't answer because I seriously dislike Tipsarevic and it colours my judgement.

·
LIFETIME MUG
36,502 Posts
Overall Isner, for his frame and limitation of movement he's a very solid player who doesn't get injured all the time. If you look at it merely from a shot-making perspective then its Tipsarevic.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
No Question Tipsarvevic. His peak 2011-12 he was in top 8 made WTF something isner has never done. tipsy also a better shot maker, better, mover, better defense, Isner better serve that's it.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Isner

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
isner by far

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Best GS Results
Tipsarevic
Isner​

AO 4R
4R​
RG 4R
3R x2​
Wimby 4R x2
2R​
USO QF x2
QF​

4 250 Titles
8 250 Titles​
7 250 Finals
5 250 Finals, 2 500 Finals, 2 1000 Finals​

15 Wins over Top 10
14 Wins over Top 10​

·
Registered
623 Posts
Interesting comparison -- Tipsy is the better all around player when in top form, but tennis is all about the scoreline in the end, no? Tipsarevic has no shot (or combination of shots) comparable to Isner's serve for winning points.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
I can't answer because I seriously dislike Tipsarevic and it colours my judgement.
This is MTF, dislike is pretty much the only criteria :lol:

Going to say Isner personally. Tipsy's had a few good wins and a good ranking but Isner is a more dangerous player for the top guys in best of three. Tipsy's had better Slam results but nothing impressive enough to put him ahead overall. Plus I like Isner more.

·
Registered
9,401 Posts
I don't like Isner but at his best, he's an absolute nightmare for anyone. I don't think Tipsarevic is as threatening, though he's undeniably much more solid (or was).

·
Registered
993 Posts
Isner by far, and don't forget that isner start his carrier late, and he have good years to came... tipsarevic maybe dont return to his best form.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts