Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who is the better tennis player, Ferrer or Haas?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
I am waiting for Leng to comment. :drool:

·
Registered
21,222 Posts
This wouldn't even be up for debate hadn't Haas been injured seriously on a regular basis.

In fact, it's mildly insulting.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Unequivocally Haas.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Obviously Haas, by far.

Ferrer didn't had injuries like Haas in his career.
Without injuries, Haas would have won a couple of more Masters and even a Slam.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Obviously Haas, by far.

Ferrer didn't had injuries like Haas in his career.
Without injuries, Haas would have won a couple of Masters and even a Slam.
Haas has actually won a Masters Series. I know, it's an ancient knowledge, but still :cool:

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Haas has actually won a Masters Series. I know, it's an ancient knowledge, but still :cool:
I know, I meant 'more than one'.

·
Registered
28,788 Posts
Troll thread. With both at their peak, Haas is easily the more skillful tennis player. He could have won a slam or two if not for his bad luck. Ferrer has better consistency, but that's pretty much it.

·
Registered
27,181 Posts

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
I for one refuse to comment on such a preposterous question.

*crosses arms*

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
not even close ferrer

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
This wouldn't even be up for debate hadn't Haas been injured seriously on a regular basis.

In fact, it's mildly insulting.
Though I prefer Tommy's game over David's, much of Tommy's failure is due to inconsistancy. Injuries are unfortunate, but if someone is constantly being injured playing tennis, then that player is probably doing something wrong or does not have the body type to be a great player. Ferrer is shorter than Tommy but has a strong compact body and plays within his natural physical ability. Tommy plays a game simiar to Roger, but Roger is rarely injured. Therefore, Roger has a body better suited to his game or is technically superior in his movement. I would love to have Tommy's game with Ferrer's more solid body. At their very best, I would pick David over Tommy on clay and Tommy over David on fast hard courts or grass. Career wise, David has been more successful due to his consistancy and ability to play without so many injuries.

·
Registered
21,222 Posts
Though I prefer Tommy's game over David's, much of Tommy's failure is due to inconsistancy. Injuries are unfortunate, but if someone is constantly being injured playing tennis, then that player is probably doing something wrong or does not have the body type to be a great player. Ferrer is shorter than Tommy but has a strong compact body and plays within his natural physical ability. Tommy plays a game simiar to Roger, but Roger is rarely injured. Therefore, Roger has a body better suited to his game or is technically superior in his movement. I would love to have Tommy's game with Ferrer's more solid body. At their very best, I would pick David over Tommy on clay and Tommy over David on fast hard courts or grass. Career wise, David has been more successful due to his consistancy and ability to play without so many injuries.
Oh, goodness. I think I'll sit this one out.

I will say though, that what does Haas's multiple shoulder surgeries have to do with movement? We're talking genetics here and thus this argument of comparing one player to another is completely and utterly redundant.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts