Registered
19,156 Posts
Anyone on Sky Sports when Murray is playing

And anyone on Canal+ Deportes or whatever it's name is when Rafito is playing

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
He used to say that until 2012, since 2013 he says rafa is the best. He started to lean over rafa after his 2013 come back when he won Rg for 8th time, and those Wins were even prior his win in USO 2013. So there is no doubt he consider rafa to be the best.

·
Federer Fan & Dull Hater
11,399 Posts
He used to say that until 2012, since 2013 he says rafa is the best. He started to lean over rafa after his 2013 come back when he won Rg for 8th time, and those were even prior his win in USO 2013. So there is no doubt he consider rafa to be the best.
Right....

That one RG title in 2013 changed his opinion.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
He used to say that until 2012, since 2013 he says rafa is the best. He started to lean over rafa after his 2013 come back when he won Rg for 8th time, and those Wins were even prior his win in USO 2013. So there is no doubt he consider rafa to be the best.
17 is more than 13. Go back to school little boy :wavey:

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
17 is more than 13. Go back to school little boy :wavey:
Well thats why his opinion is controversial, no? Anyways he said " Im starting to lean more towards rafa"

13 is 77% of 17, and 19 is 80% of 24, which means he has made out most of federer achievements, despite being 5 years younger. You can make an argument when the achievements are quite close, thats why he has an opinion about it, controversial or not.

Thats why he said the "greatest player that has ever lived" and not the "most accomplished player that has ever lived", having 17 gs makes you the most accomplished player ever, but not necessarely the greatest. Of course you have a big plus and argument for being the greatest based on that stat, but still a player with relatively less achievements (still having won a large proportion of what you have done) could overcome your greatness in someone else eyes, by adding some other stats or even non-mathematical stats on his favour.

Its like saying I think Italy is better football team than brazil despite italy having 1 less world cup than brazil for blabla bla reasons, you couldnt make an argument for a country with no world cups or even England (who has only 1 world cup and 1 gs final) because any reason to make up for the lack of achievements in comparison (winning only 20% of world cups brazil did) would not fill the hole.

ANyways stick with the thread and give a commentator your life. Dont turn every thread in a hate-rafa one for the god's sake.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Dude, every thread you make is to try and put Djokovic and Federer down and to big Nadal up. It's boring.

Besides, based purely on talent, Nadal would be nowhere near the top and anyone who isn't a troll like you can see that. Pushing, moonballing and waiting for opponents errors isn't how tennis is meant to be played mate,

Again, 17 beats 13 and another pointless thread from blue clay. Not sure why I haven't blocked you yet, must be getting soft in my old age.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Dude, every thread you make is to try and put Djokovic and Federer down and to big Nadal up. It's boring.

Besides, based purely on talent, Nadal would be nowhere near the top and anyone who isn't a troll like you can see that. Pushing, moonballing and waiting for opponents errors isn't how tennis is meant to be played mate,

Again, 17 beats 13 and another pointless thread from blue clay. Not sure why I haven't blocked you yet, must be getting soft in my old age.
Ok coward keep running away. I said saying rafa is greated than roger is having and argument because he has achieved most of fed bigger achievements and even other which fed hasnt. Of course fed has the bigger argument for Goat, but rafa could have a strong one too. And most succesful is not equaling greater, although winning the most give you a strong lead.

Lets stick to the title.

How fare Wilander vs Johnny mac, commenting-wise?

·
Federer Fan & Dull Hater
11,399 Posts
So he thinks Dull is the greatest because he has a better H2H record against Djokovic and Murray, has won the Olympics and has won Davis Cups,..... :spit:

Thank God Mcenroe didn't turn out to be a lawyer, imagine how many innocent people would have been convicted.

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
It was needed 3 posts to turn this into a tard war

I can't :superlol:

·
Registered
57,606 Posts
He says it is Nadal when Nadal is in form and Federer when Federer is in form. Simple as that.

The first post was obviously baiting but anyway, Goodall and Koenig used to be good, have gotten to be more suck-upish lately though. I like Martina though I know many don't.

·
Federer Fan & Dull Hater
11,399 Posts
It was needed 3 posts to turn this into a tard war

I can't :superlol:
First, if this is a tard war (so far) then 100% of MTF's threads are tard wars and worse than this one.
Second, this must have been the OP's purpose. Posting such a stupid trollish thread, even for MTF standards, he must have had no other objective.

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
Bjorn Borg

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
oh John Mccenroe for sure

he just has a great flow, does say dumb shit like a lot of the others, and seems to truly understands players (maybe overly so at times, but still)

my only complaint about him is that he ALWAYS takes the players side if they are whining about something, something you'd naturally expect after such an illustrious and infamous career of complaining

definitely him though. can't think of anyone from the last few decades near as good

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Robbie Koenig
if you want to hear annoying high pitched exciting noise all the time, and annoying accent, and so many exaggerated adjectives that eventually they lose their entire meaning

a match doesn't go by where Koenig doesn't get overly excited and proclaim points as extraordinary or a million other adjectives. he's annoying at best, dreadful at worst to listen to.

a good commentator has better control than him

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
not at all, Johnny Mac said he thought Nadal could become an all time great or even the greatest for years before that. he'd been talking it up as a possibility since 2008

1 - 20 of 74 Posts