Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who is the best North American player right now?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have to give the slight edge to Raonic right now, hope he and Isner meet in the Memphis final.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'd say Isner has the slight edge serve-wise and Raonic is the better returner. Seeing as so many mtf-ers look down on people who can 'only' serve, I guess that means Milos is better. :)

·
Registered
21,336 Posts
Fish is the highest ranked for a reason. :D

Pospisil is the best looking.

·
Registered
13,794 Posts
At the level Milos is playing at this year, he's better than all of them. He also has a winning record against Fish in his career.

·
Registered
21,336 Posts
At the level Milos is playing at this year, he's better than all of them. He also has a winning record against Fish in his career.
Oh hai Nadal-is-the-real-GOAT-because-of-H2H-logic. :wavey:

·
Registered
574 Posts
It seem there're are a lot of people love Raonic.

·
Registered
21,336 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
I like Raonic playing style,but he's yet to have the stability,accuracy and consistent needed.He serves strongly but his 1st serve rate isn't high,the opponents can abuse his 2nd serve..That loss to the old man Hewitt in AO proved that.I think the best is still Mardy Fish,higher ranked player always have their stability.

·
Registered
21,336 Posts
It's not just that, though. We both know that Fish is in terrible form and that Milos is dominating, which is what the question is about.
Well, at this very moment- well in the last 2 or 3 weeks, Milos beat Istomin in a 250 final, and Isner beat Roger Federer on clay in Switzerland, so based on current form it has to be Isner.

·
Registered
13,794 Posts
Well, at this very moment- well in the last 2 or 3 weeks, Milos beat Istomin in a 250 final, and Isner beat Roger Federer on clay in Switzerland, so based on current form it has to be Isner.
You sure about that? Milos is 13-1 on the season, has won two tournaments this year and appears to be well on his way to a third.

Outside of the fluky Federer match where Roger was well below his usual form, Isner hasn't played nearly that well (and that includes his two matches this week).

·
Banned
3,862 Posts
I'd say Milos,but he needs to be more consistent.

DOOOBAAAR.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Fish and Roddick have the passion, and constantly evoke my RAGE counters with their idiotic on court antics. Which has made a fan of me

Unfortunately they are old and declining

Raonic of course, now all he needs is to develop a pair of balls to push his career on with

·
Registered
22,595 Posts
can someone ban that double account yet^^^^(not Deathless Mortal)

and to answer the questipon it's santiago gonzalez

·
Banned
5,509 Posts
:lol: at MTF's raonic fanboyism. I like the guy but he is only a serve bot. Groundstrokes are not even that good, only if he sets them up with a huge serve. No variety at all. MTF = idiots :lol:

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
agree with viruzz:

it has to be milos right now.

fish is overrated. he just lost to some clown ranked #388. i would rate dr isner over fish anyway.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts