Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who is the best all court player on tour?

• Roger Federer

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Ivo Karlovic

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Both equally well rounded.

Votes: 2 10.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
Pro poll options. Good job.

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Dr Ivo of course. He can cure his patients everywhere. :shrug: :shrug:

·
Banned
779 Posts
Nadal is also a great volleyer and almost never misses at the net, he has such great control of his shots that he doesn't even need to make it there to sort of defeat his opponents before he reaches the net. And amazing feel, often exhibited by his crazy spin, and also by his almost impenetrable style of play.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Well if he wants to compare who is the better all court player between these two there is no doubt its Federer. If you want to have a more "serious" discussion add more players from the top 10 at least.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Two words:
DUSTIN BROWN.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Novak for me. 4 years ago or even 2 years ago I would've said Federer but Fed baseline game has decline too much. He's basically rushing the net every chance he gets and is less confident in his ability at the back of the court and Novak net game has improved tremendously under Becker, that was the only real weakness in his game(alongside overhead). Nowadays he's so confident in coming to the net with no hesitation at all, slice has improved too, still has the drop shot.

·
Registered
33,356 Posts
Novak for me. 4 years ago or even 2 years ago I would've said Federer but Fed baseline game has decline too much. He's basically rushing the net every chance he gets and is less confident in his ability at the back of the court and Novak net game has improved tremendously under Becker, that was the only real weakness in his game(alongside overhead). Nowadays he's so confident in coming to the net with no hesitation at all, slice has improved too, still has the drop shot.
Novak's game style is not that of an all court player. Just because he comes to the net more often, does not take away from the fact that his base play style is more of baseliner.

·
Registered
772 Posts
:superlol::superlol::superlol:

·
Registered
27,321 Posts
Are we talking about all round surface prowess or a playing style that uses creativity and all bounds of the court?

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Novak Djokovic and it's not even close.

You can tell by how evenly his ranking points are distributed. Rafa's points are mostly during the clay season. Roger and Murray earn fewer during the clay. Roger typically does better during the indoor season.

Novak is very even, just like his game: it has no obvious weaknesses.

Check out his ranking points from last year:

AO----Miami 2540
Clay season 2560
Grass 2000
USO series 900 (post-wedding, uncharacteristically low)
Indoor 3360

You will have a hard time trying to find a player with more evenly divided ranking points, because Novak is an all-court player. He can excel in all surfaces.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
Novak Djokovic and it's not even close.

You can tell by how evenly his ranking points are distributed. Rafa's points are mostly during the clay season. Roger and Murray earn fewer during the clay. Roger typically does better during the indoor season.

Novak is very even, just like his game: it has no obvious weaknesses.

Check out his ranking points from last year:

AO----Miami 2540
Clay season 2560
Grass 2000
USO series 900 (post-wedding, uncharacteristically low)
Indoor 3360

You will have a hard time trying to find a player with more evenly divided ranking points, because Novak is an all-court player. He can excel in all surfaces.

Do you compare 28 old guy to 34 old ?! Maybe you need to look at Fed 28 then 34 old guy ?!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.