Votes: 18 75.0%
  • Djokovic

Votes: 6 25.0%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Young Russian has really impressed me so far, he hasn't fully developed yet physically but has beautiful shot making and he's already able to compete with much older players. Djokovic when 17 y.o. (2004) was nowhere near as good if I remember correctly. In juniors never won a slam nor was no.1 like Andrey. But Nole improved dramatically in later years (19-20) and made a breakthrough in top 5. Who do you think is more talented?

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
Young Russian has really impressed me so far, he hasn't fully developed yet physically but has beautiful shot making and he's already able to compete with much older players. Djokovic when 17 y.o. (2004) was nowhere near as good if I remember correctly. In juniors never won a slam nor was no.1 like Andrey. But Nole improved dramatically in later years (19-20) and made a breakthrough in top 5. Who do you think is more talented?
Who is Rublev? Give me the full name please.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Bit early to tell. Rublev hasn't broken top 200 yet so it's very tough to predict how he's going to do and compare that to Djokovic. It's tough to tell how talented Kyrgios and Coric will be in their prime but Rublev?.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Talent alone will never win a slam. No matter how talented Rublev is he still can finish his career without slam title.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Another thread to bash Djokovic. And some here are saying Novak's fans are annoying starting threads about Djokovic, while it is the other way around.

Haters are on a rampage.

·
Mammoths
4,710 Posts
Djokovic.

I do like Rublev though. There will be a lot of young talents crawling out the woodwork in the next 12 months even... let alone 2 years. I mean — more than usual.

Many young talents will be announcing themselves and it's going to be a free-for-all here in estimating how good they all are. There's only so much room at the top of sport for elite champions to exist, and they'll be trying to break through against Djokovic and Nadal — who I believe will still be strong for a long while, even if sporadically — and also the Nishikori generation who, while comparatively weak, will still be vastly more experienced than the current teenagers.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Rublev is the only "young gun" with a rather pleasant game and already good shotmaking abilites, one to cheer for unlike the young aussie mugs and Coric.

·
Mammoths
4,710 Posts
Rublev is the only "young gun" with a rather pleasant game and already good shotmaking abilites, one to cheer for unlike the young aussie mugs and Coric.
Kokkinakis is a super solid prospect and if you don't think Kyrgios has good shot-making abilities then you need to try harder.

Not sold on Coric's skills but he tries to be resourceful and he's certainly athletic and an early bloomer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts