Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inclining towards Sock. Dude is injured like half of the times and is on his way to first title. Sock has a W title in doubles, has one of the best forehands in business. :D

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Dimitrov has more Tennis talent than combined talent of Faker, Del mugtro, Pushikori, Mug-Ray and other one dimensional clowns like Klizan, Sock, Tomic, Gulbis etc etc.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Grigor.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Grigor has the flashier game but Sock has the better serve and FH. Touch is probably equal. So I'll go Sock I guess.

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
I wanted to vote for |Dimi, because I have never heard of the other guy, but God I just noticed the poll options. Since I'm not winning the poll, I would apreciate if the Mods can remove me.

·
Registered
33,357 Posts
Both are insanely talented but Dimitrov has a more complete game, not to mention a better backhand that doesn't break down every time it's targeted..

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Dimitrov is more talented, but Sock seems to be playing more steadily at the moment, his level doesn´t dip like Dimitrov´s and he beats players he should beat, unlike Dimitrov.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
This discussion about "talent" is just...
People identify talent as an ability to make stuff pleasant to the eye (for example those trick shots Dimitrov does). But talent comes in many shapes and sizes. Some talents in tennis don't provide entertainment so they are not identified as talent by viewers.

·
Registered
16,671 Posts
Reactions: MasterPredictor

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
This discussion about "talent" is just...
People identify talent as an ability to make stuff pleasant to the eye (for example those trick shots Dimitrov does). But talent comes in many shapes and sizes. Some talents in tennis don't provide entertainment so they are not identified as talent by viewers.
True, that's why I prefer the term "potential" over "talent". If you are physically and/or mentally weak then your potential is clearly limited.

And in terms of potential it's quite close between Dimitrov and Sock I think.

·
Bring it Home
20,351 Posts
I can understand the OP. He obviously has no clue about talent, since he's a blind follower of Nishikori, the indonesian, who is an agressive player and has good strokes, but obviously is a tiny player and lacks power. Some are used to think this kind of robotic game (based on chinese table tennis) is talent. :shrug:

As for Sock, he has a good serve and powerful forehand, but none of those strokes are better than Dimitrov's ones. I think Sock may be headed for the TOP 20 and will probably be the better ranked american at some point this year or the next one. Better than that? I doubt it.

·
Registered
16,671 Posts
I can understand the OP. He obviously has no clue about talent, since he's a blind follower of Nishikori, the indonesian, who is an agressive player and has good strokes, but obviously is a tiny player and lacks power. Some are used to think this kind of robotic game (based on chinese table tennis) is talent. :shrug:
Pushi-kori is no match for Dimugtrov.

:haha:

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
:haha: :haha: MTF utter stupidity as usual.
Yeah, utterly Stupid.

Listed players are Op's Top favorites. I see Sock is new addition to his own list of favorite players which he assumes to be talented.

For Wolf one dimensional baseline hitting/pushing = Talent.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts