Votes: 18 27.3%
  • Murray

Votes: 48 72.7%
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know if I say Coric is more talented than Federer, Nadal and Djokovic, people would disagree. And it is also true that the BIG3 had achieved a lot at a young age. (i.e. Federer at 19 beating Sampras in Wimbledon, Nadal winning RG at 19, Djokovic winning at 20)
Although I have faith in Borna, he may not be able to win a slam at a very young age like these three.

So it would be more down-to-earth to compare Borna with Murray. Murray's highest ranking before he turned 19 is 41. Borna is now 55 but he still has room to improve his ranking in the rest of the year. Murray reached his first slam final at 21 and won his first slam at 25. These two achievements can be matched by Borna realistically. He may even do them at a younger age than Murray did.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Murray is more talented but Coric has a much better attitude and could have a really good career, possibly better than Murray's.
Murray's weak mentality costed him multiple slams. That could be the difference if you include mental strength as part of what talent is constituted.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
I know if I say Coric is more talented than Federer, Nadal and Djokovic, people would disagree. And it is also true that the BIG3 had achieved a lot at a young age. (i.e. Federer at 19 beating Sampras in Wimbledon, Nadal winning RG at 19, Djokovic winning at 20)
Although I have faith in Borna, he may not be able to win a slam at a very young age like these three.

LateBloomerer has won Wimbledon'03 just one month before his 22nd birthday though, so it gives Coric a good 3 1/2 years and that's a lot of time.

Laterer also entered RG&W QF a couple of months before his 20th birthday, leaving Coric with a year and a half to match it.

Coric was not far from beating RG QF-ist last year at Umag, so he's not without the chance there.

Kyrgios (who turns 20 next week) made Wimbledon QF a couple of months after his 19th birthday, so he's got two more years to match Federer in terms of age at the first GS title.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Murray has every shot in the book, he can play offensive or defensive. Whatever he wants, he only lacks power on clay though.

I can`t say the same about Coric.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
god the OP is really making himself look bad

Coric talented? how? since when does being fit and quick on your feet (which he isn't even THAT fast) make you talented? he lacks a groundstroke that is particularly damaging, has a ehhh serve, nothing about the style of his game that is particularly promising (way more grindy than the other grinders higher ranked)

Murray is infinitely more talented than Coric. as early as like 19 or 20 Murray already had a great 1st serve and some power in his groundstrokes from the baseline. Coric is like a rabbit that runs around a lot. a Nadal or Djokovic with no power. what's the use in that

he is by far the most over hyped player on this forum

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
god the OP is really making himself look bad

Coric talented? how? since when does being fit and quick on your feet (which he isn't even THAT fast) make you talented? he lacks a groundstroke that is particularly damaging, has a ehhh serve, nothing about the style of his game that is particularly promising (way more grindy than the other grinders higher ranked)
Since when is the only measure of talent how well can you flatten out your forehand? Someone who's been 2 years ahead of his generation since he was 10 years old is definitely very talented. I won't answer the poll question, as those things are hard to judge.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
are you freakin kidding me? how is this even a question? of course the answer is murray. these kind of threads are really doing borna no favors. if anything they will get him more hate

·
Registered
635 Posts
OP, are you asking who is more talented today, or are you asking who will end up having the better career? Because it's clearly Murray if the former, but more debatable if the latter.

·
29,637 Posts
Watching Murray at 18 you see there was something about him. Watching Coric at 18? Absolutely nothing special.

It's Murray and it's Murray by a street.

·
Registered
736 Posts
When Coric is playing well, he's more talented than Murray.

On a day when he's not playing so well, he's about as talented as Murray.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Watching Murray at 18 you see there was something about him. Watching Coric at 18? Absolutely nothing special.

It's Murray and it's Murray by a street.
Yeah, absolutely nothing special about destroying Nadal (ranked #1 at the time) and destroying, you know, Murray himself. :haha:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts