Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,256 Posts
well it isn't clear yet who'll be his partner next year.
There are several alternatives: Santoro, Youzhny and Jamie Murray.

·
Banned
105 Posts
I hope he sticks to playing doubles, we don't need him on the singles tour :tape:

·
Registered
878 Posts
Murray to partner Mirnyi in 2008

Britain's number one doubles player Jamie Murray will team up with Max Mirnyi of Belarus in 2008.

The Scot, 21, is ranked 32 in doubles and won four titles with American Eric Butorac in 2007 before their partnership ended in September.

Mirnyi, 30, is ranked 16 in the world and has won 33 doubles titles including two US Opens and two French Opens.

"He serves big, volleys well and has a great presence. I think he's a great player," Murray told The Herald.

"I didn't think it would happen, if I'm honest.

"It took me a while to find someone. I held off and held off, but I think I have found the right one now."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/7116686.stm

It'll be interesting to see how well they do. Mirnyi is a pretty high profile partner for Jamie to land.

·
Banned
31,496 Posts
Jamie Murray is a tool - useless player.

Mirnyi has lost his mind. Probably getting paid a lot by the LTA to play with this mug.

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Hmmmmm...not sure how well those two will fare, in all honesty. Both are excellent at the net, but Max has been struggling with his serve lately, and both are fairly poor on the return. :shrug:

Add to that the fact that Jamie Murray is overrated, and Mirnyi is practically finished.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Oh, stop being kill joys!! I'm happy :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts