Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is Michael Berrer? I saw him against Amer Delic today and he won mainly because Amer donated numerous error (hit lots of balls into the net for no apparent reason) and kept charging the net in an ill advised manner and was solidly passed each time. Berrer is a chubby German guy, he's definitely got a beer belly. His game was nothing special and he didn't look particularly young. Has anyone ever seen him before? I haven't.

·
Your visions will happen
47,134 Posts
Had a match against Nalbandian in his hands - US Open last year. He's quite good.
being up 2 sets against Nalbandian doesnt count as "in his hands"

·
Your visions will happen
47,134 Posts

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
very good lefty serve, with good speed and variation, and good net game but the rest of his game is average specially his movement, but sometimes he is dangerous as he goes for broke

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
I did alot of his matches in the qualies for New Haven last year.

Good lefty serve, likes to slide on the hard courts, and can come up with come decent winners from the defenese.

One handed backhand, ok forehand. Kinda of a journeyman pro, now starting to get some results.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
very good lefty serve, with good speed and variation, and good net game but the rest of his game is average specially his movement, but sometimes he is dangerous as he goes for broke
Nice summation, thanks :). My sentiments are the same, if Amer hadn't been donating so many free points, it would have been a real match.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Who is Michael Berrer? I saw him against Amer Delic today and he won mainly because Amer donated numerous error (hit lots of balls into the net for no apparent reason) and kept charging the net in an ill advised manner and was solidly passed each time. Berrer is a chubby German guy, he's definitely got a beer belly. His game was nothing special and he didn't look particularly young. Has anyone ever seen him before? I haven't.

Actually he is not chubby at all. TV has added pounds on him. I was fortunate to me him a couple of times over the weekend while at the tournament and he is a very nice guy.

·
MONSOON season.
81,404 Posts
:spit:

Michael is a very talented guy who certainly has no beer belly :spit: OMFG :haha:

·
MONSOON season.
81,404 Posts
Don't like his game and the guy has no charisma. He does have a good serve.
I actually think he has a lot of charisma and a very positive attitude on court. He's always fighting and he is a great sport too. And a very friendly, down-to-earth guy. The tour needs more guys like this.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts