Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just some random thoughts that have been fluttering around my brain these days...

People who are young and naive; they have it set. Everything is black and white, the world is a happy place, the sky is clear, the future awaits them with open arms.

Then something happens at some point in your life, and that big bubble deflates. For some of us it happens really young, for those more fortunate it is a very slow process that doesn't occure to them untill they have almost matured. The very few that it doesn't happen to are either eternally naive or have other problems which I won't touch on here.

The days of being free, thinking that you are going to be somebody - gone, poof.

Then one has to deal with the prospect of being just another nobody; or just another somebody if you want to see the glass as half full.

For me, the worst part of growing up was realizing how insignificant I was.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
The worse part about growing up is always making stupid decisions.

But then again, you learn from them and become a better person.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I guess me telling you to stop that talk did you a lot of good Becca. When I'm telling you to cheer up you know that something is wrong. Me? Me?

You get more freedom when you are older. Sure there are days when I wish I could go back to playing in my sandbox and playing on my swing set but that would get boring fast. You just have to grow up.

·
Registered
137 Posts
No you don't. The perfect age in the US is 21, provided you go to college of course. I wish I could go through some Groundhog Dayesque time warp and relive that year over and over again. Greatest year EVER!

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I wish I can be 10 again too *sigh* so much fun and no responsibilities. Age 18 was cool, go to college and free from parents, that was exciting for a while, But the best age has got to be 21. Get into clubs, dance the night away with some hot guy, and drink *cough* all you want and not get in trouble like if you actually *cough* do that before you're *cough* 21 and *cough* try to hide the liquor from your parents and roomie *cough*........ And then after that year it all sucks. Like right now, I'm lost ever since I got out of college. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Steam you knew that I had to get it out somewhere :eek: Besides to tell me to stop it half the time that I try to talk to you about something :sad: [all I wanted to talk about was bums, that was all I asked ....

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I always thought that I would do something special though - not be a celebrity or anything, I would never want that - but just do something that was different.

But there just isn't anything different to do - just ordinary stuff that everyone does.

So I just have to float through life like everyone else.

Such a piss off.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Rebecca, even the "significant" ones die, so in the end we are all the same ;) Just try to enjoy life as it is/comes :)

Or not... :p

·
Registered
94 Posts
It sounds pretty cliched, but the one way in which to really make your life significant is to touch others. When you're young you think of making your life unique as being about you, but in fact the way to make your life unique is to make others care about you.

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
What's wrong, Becca? Has something happened to you? What has put you in such a dour mood? I don't see why you couldn't do and be something special in your life, you have plenty of time. For my part, life didn't begin until I was in my twenties. And I don't believe in insignificance anymore, but I used to. If you ever need to talk, just pm me. :)

·
Banned
991 Posts
I went to nyc for the first time not a lot time ago - in fact it was the first time I can say I really travelled - and I realize that I would like to work there, or at least in another city that I'm currently living... Montreal is a great city, but it's much different being in another city; it's like starting a new life, and it's so special. I guess after a while it wouldn't be so special but still... And I know I'll never work 5 days 9 to 5, I want to do something special in my life, maybe being an artist, but it can be something else.

I just don't want to wake up at 40 years old and realizing that I did nothing interesting in my life :( ;)

I totally understand how you feel Rebecca :wavey:

BTW you should really go to the Bronx zoo at nyc that's one of things I preferred the most. Of course there's also Central Park, Times Square, SHOPPING!!! All shopping all the time ;) The Metropolitain Museum of art, and many other things ... I'll go again the first 2 days of the qualification of the US Open, when are you going?

All new york all the time, I just love that city :bounce: :drool: :bounce:

·
Registered
62,758 Posts
hi :wavey:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts