Lucky you Rebecca!!! I went for the first time last year and I wish someone had told me these things:
1. Second Monday is fourth round matches...best day to have Arthur Ashe tickets!! Of course, even a grounds pass is good that day.
2. The night matches really are the best. Bring a windbreaker and warm clothes.
3. For day matches, don't forget to put sunscreen on your feet if you wear sandals or open-toed shoes!!! It goes without saying, don't forget the sunscreen, sunglasses and sunhat if you don't want to be looking like a tomato.
4. Bring your own food and drink in a large tote bag. And don't forget the extra sunscreen.
5. If you can afford to do it, pay for the closer seats on Arthur Ashe. The other courts, it doesn't really matter.
Last year, tickets for the nosebleeds in Ashe were actually CHEAPER than grounds passes...so you get access to Ashe in addition to all of the matches you would be able to see with a GP for less money! I wonder if the USTA morons figured that out for this year....
But yeah...bring your own food and drink. That is pivotal.
It also wouldn't hurt to have bug spray since our mosquitos have been carrying that super West Nile virus for a couple years now.
Anyway, I'll be there as always...hope to see a lot of you there!
...but this is the first US Open post-9/11. I still think they will be allowed in.
Every year I've never been stopped from bringing in anything short of stereo systems and explosives. I always bring in three things of Gatorade, sandwiches, cameras, a Discman, obnoxious younger cousins (and if they let them in they'll let in anything; they spent all of last year's qualies ogling Nathalie Vierin, little pervs)...things may be tighter this year but I don't expect much of a change.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.