Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
I'm going on Tuesday or Wednesday with my family. Last year was great and I hope it becomes great again. :cool:

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
I'll try to come for at least one weekend. I probably shouldn't take more than a day off work but if possible I want to see the Monday and maybe Tuesday too.

There might be a chance that Safin plays quallies and Guga gets a WC here so there could be some good value for the early days.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I'll try to come for at least one weekend. I probably shouldn't take more than a day off work but if possible I want to see the Monday and maybe Tuesday too.

There might be a chance that Safin plays quallies and Guga gets a WC here so there could be some good value for the early days.
Did they ever give a WC to a non-german player?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Marat playing qualis - hell has to freeze over before that happens... :tape: Don't wait for it.

At most they'll give him a Wild Card, but Hamburg tends to only hand them out to Germans (as stated before in this thread) - we'll have to wait and see.

I don't think Guga will even try to get in. He's not fit, so he'll concentrate on a few big tournaments for his farewell, like Miami and RG (and again, also remember the organizer's WC policy...).

BTW, I will be there from Sunday to Sunday.:D

·
Registered
446 Posts
Yeah - especially since it's the last year (at least as an AMS event) :bigcry:

Guga - really? I was sure it wouldn't happen. Great news!
not sure how definite it is, there was an article about guga playing all AMS up to the French Open, then retire.
But just now I read he wants to play Hamburg OR Rome, so who knows what happens.

Last year Marat was not very popular with the german fans. I remember the stadium emtpying before his match with Massu.
(not talking about the Ferrero match...that was the most horrible night ever, I think)

·
Registered
26,128 Posts
Beck has a wildcard and I think Mayer has a big chance to get one, as he had two good years in Hamburg already.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Marat playing qualis - hell has to freeze over before that happens... :tape: Don't wait for it.
It was snowing and freezing in march, so :shrug: It might happen :p

BTW, I will be there from Sunday to Sunday.:D
:cool: And i'm with you there then :banana:

Last year Marat was not very popular with the german fans. I remember the stadium emtpying before his match with Massu.
(not talking about the Ferrero match...that was the most horrible night ever, I think)
:tape: :help: :scared: Don't remind me :sobbing:

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'm going:):) Snow would be nice lol
Don't count on it. Weather is beautiful here now - actually, that probably means it'll be cold and rainy by the time the tournament starts. It's the same every year; it must be the "Rothenbaum curse". Bring on the long underwear, guys!:D

Great to see an Irish man coming over! Wear a shamrock T-shirt, I'll try to spot you! :wavey:

·
on clouds...
13,407 Posts
isn't the weather always nice before the tournament? :confused: :rolleyes:
Yes, it is ;) And as Davis also wrote, we have great weather here now and I checked the forecast: until next wednesday we get only sun and temperatures about 22 degrees. I already know that it will be cold and rainy at least from next saturday (qualifying day) on :devil:

But anyway, I will enjoy the tournament no matter what kind of weather we will get ;)

Reactions: Truc
1 - 20 of 40 Posts