Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
#freeviktor
93,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone already planning on going this year?

I don't know if I'll be able to go as much as I went last year. I hope so :) The USO is my favorite time of year :dance:

·
Banned
28 Posts
Hell Yeah! I'm planning on going, it will be my first time to USA, but so looking forward to it.
Ive been looking at flights and they are a bit on the steep side at the mo, I will probably wait until nearer to the time. I think tickets usually go on sale around June.

·
#freeviktor
93,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I usually never buy my USO tickets very far in advance, all I usually get are grounds passes anyway, and even Ashe tickets are usually still available until OOPs come out and people rush to get tickets for good night matches. :lol:

If people have questions about anything, I've gone for a few years now and I'll try to help :)

·
Registered
5,812 Posts
I admit that I'd like to go there, and with the US Dollar which is not high, it could be interesting for Europeans to go. I was there in 2004 and I spent a wonderful time there. But, would like to arrive for the qualies which are free and for maybe the first round.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
The dollar at the moment is making this a high possibility for me this year and I haven't been to NY in ages.

So you can probably count me in, if RG and Wimbly don't break me. :lol: Would be cool to almost do the full slam in a calendar year. :rocker2:

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I want to go but my family is planning a vacation to Croatia/Bosnia this year so I don't know if we'll have the money. It would be cool to meet some of you.

·
#freeviktor
93,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I plan to go now probably Thursday of quallies, Mon-Thurs of the first week and the second Monday :)

The second Monday is my birthday so feel free to find me on the grounds and shower me with gifts ;) :lol:

·
#freeviktor
93,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how much are tickets for this usually? I plan on attending eventually :)
A grounds pass is either $45 or $50, I forget which. If you want Ashe, depending on if you want to see ants or actual people it'll be around $50 for the cheapest sets and then practically the sky is the limit as you move closer :tape:

·
Registered
191 Posts
A grounds pass is either $45 or $50, I forget which. If you want Ashe, depending on if you want to see ants or actual people it'll be around $50 for the cheapest sets and then practically the sky is the limit as you move closer :tape:

Hi, guys!

I wonder if you could help me with the ticket issue... they´ve started an early sell of tickets for American Express cardholders and I´d like to go in the 1st 2 days. When I tried to select tickets, I could only get them in the upper part (upper and lower promenade - 334, 339 and so on) for $52 and $62. It´s weird I didn´t get any better option and I know players will actually become ants from that section...
I know it must be quite expensive, but... how can I get better tickets?

I´d like to know what would you suggest me to do about it. I was thinking of buying tickets for 1st monday and, depending on OOP, try to buy night tkts onsite. Is it possible? I definitely want to go to a night session, monday or tuesday.

I really appreciate if anyone could help me on that because I´ll have to have all my trip planned by tomorrow.

Thank you very much!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yes, it seems the same to me too... I really don´t understand. Yesterday I tried to buy tkts again and better ones were offered... when I proceeded to finish the buy... nothing!

Guess our best shot now is trying to buy as soon as the regular selling time begins or at the tournament site.

Can someone from the US please help us on this matter?

Tks!

·
#freeviktor
93,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It does seem like for right now everything is sold out, but there were probably only a certain amount of tickets reserved for the presale customers.

When I went last year, I didn't get my ticket for Ashe for the second Tuesday until I was such Djokovic was going to be playing that day... so.. that was pretty much Sunday or Monday, and I was still able to get an Ashe seat. It wasn't a great ticket, but it wasn't sold out. I've never ordered my tickets very early before, so I can only assume it's a pretty small amount of tickets for the presale. For example, I need to get a ticket for September 1, which is the only day I'm really worried about since I prefer grounds passes, and even grounds passes are "sold out" right now. When tickets open up to the general public, I think there will be seats available again. I've never had a problem before :)

Reactions: zethand

·
Registered
191 Posts
It does seem like for right now everything is sold out, but there were probably only a certain amount of tickets reserved for the presale customers.

When I went last year, I didn't get my ticket for Ashe for the second Tuesday until I was such Djokovic was going to be playing that day... so.. that was pretty much Sunday or Monday, and I was still able to get an Ashe seat. It wasn't a great ticket, but it wasn't sold out. I've never ordered my tickets very early before, so I can only assume it's a pretty small amount of tickets for the presale. For example, I need to get a ticket for September 1, which is the only day I'm really worried about since I prefer grounds passes, and even grounds passes are "sold out" right now. When tickets open up to the general public, I think there will be seats available again. I've never had a problem before :)
Wow! That´s great news indeed! Thanks! Let´s hope monday brings good news.

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
I got grounds passes for Labor Day weekend (Aug 29-Sept 1). Didn't have any luck for decent seats in Ashe or Armstrong for the USTA presale, the American Express presale, or the general public sale (either nosebleed or sold out), but the last time I went, over a decade ago, you could get there and buy seats at the box office. Might be different for Labor Day weekend because it always appears packed since it is a long holiday weekend here. I think there is some sort of ticket exchange for the season ticket holders, so if they don't want to go to one session they can put it up for sale (check the US Open website, I think it's on there). I think the season ticket holders have most of the good seats. Corporate sponsors have the terrific seats.

·
#freeviktor
93,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I got crappy Ashe seats for the first Monday-Wednesday and another crappy Ashe seat for Labor Day.

I don't understand this year why it's impossible to get an okay ticket. :scratch: I did better last year. Maybe next year I'll have to get a season ticket and just put up for sale the ones I don't want (or sell them to MTF-ers)

I think the reason it's so bad right now is that they're still selling all those packages so all the seats are still on "reserve" for people who want those... once they stop selling those, then the tickets will all get released :shrug:

1 - 20 of 83 Posts