0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting on this now for Tuesday

Chela to beat Verdasco - $2.00

good luck ;)

·
Registered
13,751 Posts
I think this is a better match-up for Nando on a hardcourt than it is on clay. I don't think Chela will be able to frustrate him with his defensive play like he did in Kitzbuhel and with shorter points Chela's superior stamina shouldn't come into the equation as much. Verdasco also got a few hardcourt wins under his belt winning the (admittedly piss-weak looking)challenger in Segovia so he should be pretty confident. He didn't drop a set en route so he shouldn't have expended too much energy.
No value at the moment if he's slight fave though.

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
I think this is a better match-up for Nando on a hardcourt than it is on clay. I don't think Chela will be able to frustrate him with his defensive play like he did in Kitzbuhel and with shorter points Chela's superior stamina shouldn't come into the equation as much. Verdasco also got a few hardcourt wins under his belt winning the (admittedly piss-weak looking)challenger in Segovia so he should be pretty confident. He didn't drop a set en route so he shouldn't have expended too much energy.
No value at the moment if he's slight fave though.
Can't disagree with that. ;)

Not a match that makes me jump up and down in excitement...can't really pick a side in all honesty. :shrug:

·
Registered
13,751 Posts
Have to admit I'm geting tempted by Ancic's price as it continues to drift. 1.7 now and rising. There are obvious reasons for staying away but Niemeyer probably isn't in the best of shape either and received treatment a couple of times during his Vancouver final win over Querrey.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any particular reasons mate?
Having watched their match in Stuttgart all Chela did was put the ball back in play and Verdasco did the rest. I appreciate different conditions obviously this time around, same principle applies. Also if this was a faster HC surface than I probably wouldn't have played this one, however Montreal is nothing like the HC's you get in USA, its a touch slower.

I know these players are all professionals and by now they take travelling in their stride but it also doesn't help the fact that Verdasco was playing a ch final on Sunday and only would have left for Montreal late Sunday night or early Monday.

·
Registered
33,360 Posts
my bookie doesnt have it yet but its a good price
you will make it drop fast bg

expect it to be 1.3 by noon time (gmt time)

·
Registered
32,120 Posts
Have to admit I'm geting tempted by Ancic's price as it continues to drift. 1.7 now and rising. There are obvious reasons for staying away but Niemeyer probably isn't in the best of shape either and received treatment a couple of times during his Vancouver final win over Querrey.
Ancic said he feels fine and ready for the match,and that he will give his all in next few tournaments and just try to play good no matter who is he playing against :wavey:

If he's 1.70,that is a good bet to take.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Safin to beat Soderling

Soderling has very poor net skills. I watched him play Nadal at Wimbledon. All he has is power and nothing in the net. Nadal noticed his weakness and just dipped the ball just over the net so Soderling has no choice but to hit the ball over the net very near the net and he hesitates. Safin has more skills and he won this tournament before.

1-1 head-to-head but Moya leads 1-0 on hard courts. Moya recently won a title and is not going to be easy to beat so its worth it @2.37.
Moya's to take out Baghdatis Match is Pending for tomorrow;)

·
Registered
970 Posts
Safin over Soderling 1 [email protected] 2.26
1. Safin as the underdog is always a tempting proposition.
2. Good match up for Safin in that he should relish the flat hitting from Soderling, Safin isnt the ''old'' Safin but will always relish a power game from opponent. (This isnt a Clement or Ollie Rochus ....etc.)
3. Soderling' lack of court nouse, poor BH slice and general lack of net ability.
4. Soderling coming off a long break, and needs time to get used to the US Hardcourt'.
5. Soderling doesnt exactly have a pedigree Masters Series record.
6. H2H record

A couple of more picks to follow.......

·
Registered
13,751 Posts
Ancic said he feels fine and ready for the match,and that he will give his all in next few tournaments and just try to play good no matter who is he playing against :wavey:

If he's 1.70,that is a good bet to take.
Thanks for the info. I've decided to take it. Fuck it, there's a major gulf in class here and it's worth a risk at that price even taking his absence into account.

Not on Tuesday but I see that Stan James has an in-form Ferrer as an even money dog to beat his pigeon Nalbandian. That price surely won't last.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Fernando Verdasco - Jose Ignacio Chela

Match between different dimension players. Verdasco is high flying right now with 11-3 record after Wimbledon period including Sergovia(ch) title on hard last week. I watched pretty many of these matches and I liked a lot the way He is playing. He is staying patient and calm, not going for unprepared winers all time. But still his forehand is one of the most dangerous in tour. So when He put together mental strength and his powerful shots He can take out players like Ferrer, Almagro, Horna and Roitman on clay quite easily. So I don't know why Chela couldn't be on list too who isn't doing anything spectacular (4-3 record after Wimbledon). He loose players who are aggressive and going for winners like Roitman and Wawrinka. It happens because Chela is too passive right now and this isn't enough just to put balls back and wait for mistakes especially now on hard. Yes I know that He beat Verdasco in Stuttgart. I would really call this match as accident - Verdasco was completely outplaying Chela in first part of match, but then Verdasco get some mini knee injury that cost him pretty much. He missed too many balls without any effort from Chela. I believe for revenge in Canada. That's why I don't long trip and possible fatigue in account. In my eyes Verdasco is clearly better player + season best form. Chela is far from He showed in spring hard courts.

Pick: Verdasco
Odds: 1.90
Bookie: Betsafe
Stake: 7/10

·
Registered
18,056 Posts
Already taken this:

Mirnyi to beat Karlovic with +1,5 set (then Karlovic not to win 2-0) @1,87

GL :boxing:
Very nice pics,good luck!The beast is value and feel he can cause an upset!!A couple breakers you would think,Mirnyi with the games hcp cant go wrong aswell,interesting to see what it is?

·
Registered
18,056 Posts
Verdasco - hard court and I have the feeling that this time he will win

Soderling - Safin hasnt shown anything to deserve to be nearly equal as Soderling. Soderling was the man who was better in the season by miles, so @1.85 is great price for me.
Feel the same with both players!

1 - 20 of 169 Posts