Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who can stop No1e at RG if Rafa doesn't?

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone stop GrandSlamovic?

Reactions: masterclass

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
I'd say Federer.

Nishikori and Wawrinka could also do it. They've beaten him in Grand Slams before and both like clay.

Other than that... unlikely.

·
Registered
11,145 Posts
Declinerer or Stan can still beat him. Other than that on a good day, Djokovic destroys anyone else.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd say Federer.

Nishikori and Wawrinka could also do it. They've beaten him in Grand Slams before and both like clay.

Other than that... unlikely.
Federer's totally lost it on clay, sadly. He struggles vs mugs on clay in BO3 these days. In BO5 vs Novak he's a massive underdog. Nishikori and Wawrinka are far more likely to beat him IMO.

·
Registered
21,283 Posts
Nishikori

·
Registered
7,180 Posts
Wawrinka is poor lately, maybe Nishikori. But I don't think anyone bar Nadal can do it.

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
You can never guess which Federer will show up like in 2011. If peak Federer shows up once again Djokovic better prepare his B+ or A game.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nothing is stopping Djokovic from winning RG, but also nothing is stopping you from finding an excuse to avoid the ban bet :haha::angel:
If I was one to find excuses I wouldn't have Faker in my avatar. Not sure about you though rutinos har - I mean Tutsi Frutsi.

·
Mammoths
4,710 Posts
Honestly feel like Berdych could do damage at RG with how he's shaping up with new coach, Vallverdu. He'd still be a huge underdog but I think he could push Djokovic on clay, as he has done in all his 3 previous meetings with Djokovic on the surface (winning once).

But first and foremost, I'm taking Nishikori.

Nishikori, followed by Berdych, followed probably by Federer.

..Don't see Stan or Ferrer doing damage to Djokovic at RG this year, to be completely honest.

·
Banned
4,868 Posts
Nishikori, Berdych. And that's it.
Ferrer peaked too early this season. Fognini and Monfils are mugs.Wawrinka is in bad form and I could see him winning a bo3 but not in a Slam. Federer, no.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You can never guess which Federer will show up like in 2011. If peak Federer shows up once again Djokovic better prepare his B+ or A game.
Peak Federer hasn't showed up in 8 years....just like YodaKnowsBest hasn't ever since I exposed him(see signature) asking for screenshots :D :bigwave:

·
Registered
437 Posts
French prostitutes are bangin' so he must be careful. His wife must watch him 24/24. I can't explain in words how hot they are, I once tried to had sex with one of them in a police car while I was arrested for public nudity. The policeman was after donuts in a store and we were both caught in the car, uncuffed obviously. She started to do me and truth is we didn't get any further cause I couldn't enter inside her. Either she was too tight or my tool too short. I'm not sure what happened cause we heard the cop and we stopped. He was coming from the store with a huge croissant in his right hand.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Fed Express

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
Peak Federer hasn't showed up in 8 years....just like YodaKnowsBest hasn't ever since I exposed him(see signature) asking for screenshots :D :bigwave:
Everyone knows what you are aiming for. If I release those screenshots I will be banned for Violation of privacy. Don't bother me again fangirl.

·
6,711 Posts
Possibly Nishikori, but even he is overrated and was soundly beaten by Djoker in their last 2 meetings - Paris Indoors and London WTF's.
He won't have the surprise element he had in NY, and Djoker is not underdone but primed for this one.
More risk of a hard hitter redlining it for one match, that could bring him undone, but even then unlikely.
Can't see him losing his focus or losing this one now.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
If Rafa doesn't regain his form, it will be up to Nishikori.

Rogi and Stan don't have the consistency to beat him on a BO5 on clay and everyone else doesn't have the weapons.

Monfils and Isner mb, if they play out of their mind, but that's it.

Possibly Nishikori, but even he is overrated and was soundly beaten by Djoker in their last 2 meetings - Paris Indoors and London WTF's.
He won't have the surprise element he had in NY, and Djoker is not underdone but primed for this one.
More risk of a hard hitter redlining it for one match, that could bring him undone, but even then unlikely.
Can't see him losing his focus or losing this one now.
Surprise element in a slam SF :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 135 Posts