Mens Tennis Forums banner

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Remember, only technical/tactical aspects of the game.

The results are also pretty close in 2014:
- Both around 2400 points in the race for WTF.
- Nishikori 32-8, Murray 31-12, W-L in 2014.
- Nishikori with 2 titles, Murray with no finals.
- Regarding M1000, Murray with 1 SF, Nishikori with 1 SF and 1 moral title.
- In slams Murray was better: 2 QF's and 1 SF, Nishikori with 2 R16's.

I'd say Nishikori, cause he's looked better when he's 100% healthy this year. More solid strokes from both wings.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Nishikori, easily ...:shrug:...One gets his clock cleaned brutally by Nadal on Clay; the other has his body failing him while on the verge of defeating Rafa on Clay in a Final of M1000 at home, no less..

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Peak Murray can double bagel Nishiorki on grass. But Surgeray is terrible.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
I guess Rome didn't happen.
tennis is mostly a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately trade..Nobody remembers Murray crushing a bunch of grass mugs in the first week of Wimbledon, but they will recall how he got meekly manhandled by Dimitrov in the QFs..Whereas Nishikori, even on his worst surface while still recovering from his hip injury, made a better impression in his exit than the defending champion..

·
Registered
33,355 Posts
tennis is mostly a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately trade..Nobody remembers Murray crushing a bunch of grass mugs in the first week of Wimbledon, but they will recall how he got meekly manhandled by Dimitrov in the QFs..Whereas Nishikori, even on his worst surface while still recovering from his hip injury, made a better impression in his exit than the defending champion..
No one remembers Nadal crushing Murray in RG SF, because Murray did not show up. Everyone remembers Murray on his worse surface pushing best clay court player of all time to 3 sets in Rome.

·
Registered
18,092 Posts
Nishikori has looked better in his best tournaments, but he was also down for the count for a while after his Madrid injury missing for all effects and purposes a Slam and a Masters. So I'd say about equal, Nishikori has got some better wins, Murray has been more reliable, not much in it.

Dimitrov should be included in this group btw, he's no better than either of these two, and definitely not as good as Berdych overall.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
Useless thread and who cares who is better atm. It's irrelevant and means nothing. Anybody can look up the stats. Why Kei? Why not anybody else ranked higher than Murray?

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
another one of these threads? :spit:

murray

·
Registered
865 Posts

·
Banned
355 Posts
Murray of course. Kei could peak as high if not higher but last only 1 set. he has no bussiness playing 5 setters..

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Clay mug is not even top 10 material now, Kei is better.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts