• I dont care. Lets talk on Bercy

Votes: 10 9.1%
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why i am comparing

There was a debate in the Jim Courier thread about Andy Murray and Jim Courier. Kafelnikovs name also came up.
So i thought

Of Course there are many aspects to it.You could look at it from the Players Potential. You could look from the Career they had

I think Out of the three

Jim Courier would be the one. He had a great game and an even better mentality, atleast from 91 - 93

Kafelnikov . Highly talented Russian player. Had an all round game and graceful Forehand and backhand. Great player to watch when on form. ........ But had a smewhat weaker temperament

Andy Murray.. Brilliant Tactical player, has an all round game, Potentially on par with Djokovic and Nadal.........
But a Highly suspect Grand Slam Temperament... TILL NOW..

Who is your pick ? Discuss

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Why i am comparing

There was a debate in the Jim Courier thread about Andy Murray and Jim Courier. Kafelnikovs name also came up.
So i thought

Of Course there are many aspects to it.You could look at it from the Players Potential. You could look from the Career they had

I think Out of the three

Jim Courier would be the one. He had a great game and an even better mentality, atleast from 91 - 93

Kafelnikov . Highly talented Russian player. Had an all round game and graceful Forehand and backhand. Great player to watch when on form. ........ But had a smewhat weaker temperament

Andy Murray.. Brilliant Tactical player, has an all round game, Potentially on par with Djokovic and Nadal.........
But a Highly suspect Grand Slam Temperament... TILL NOW..

Who is your pick ? Discuss
while your at it, add more transitional champs like guga and hewitt if u can.

·
Registered
853 Posts
What random comparisons.

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
:superlol::superlol::superlol:

Troll topic.

Mugray should win a slam before he's compared to any decent player.

·
POWER...UNLIMITED...POWER
5,067 Posts
Murray the mental midget doesnt even have a grand slam.
He is more in the league of weaklings like Davydonkey, Soderclown & Flake

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Murray hurry up and win a slam or else you will become tortured and owned by the troll topics till eternity.

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Morons this is not a troll topic :p .....I explained myself quite clearly there.

We could add Transitional champs like Hewitt, Kuerton too.

·
Registered
21,336 Posts
Murray is the hottest therefore the best. See my icon for further details.

·
Faithful Txurigorri
24,903 Posts
Murray has to win a GS first before being able to be in the same room Kafelnikov and Courier are.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Murray could beat either of the other two easily..... but of course he could be assisted by them being out of match practice

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
I was debating this issue not so long ago in another thread, I wont bring the same arguments in again. Anyway, here is some interesting stats you could have in mind:

top 10 W/L porcentage for Murray vs some transitional champs:

Murray 0.570
Safin 0.500
Hewitt 0.459
Courrier 0.438
Kafelnikov 0.421
Chang 0.333

You can even include Agassi with 0.548, you should then know Murray is a very special talent..

In fact Murray got a top 10 record that is ahead of Djokovic, Agassi, Connors, Wilander and many other great legends of the game.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I was debating this issue not so long ago in another thread, I wont bring the same arguments in again. Anyway, here is some interesting stats you could have in mind:

top 10 W/L porcentage for Murray vs some transitional champs:

Murray 0.570
Safin 0.500
Hewitt 0.459
Courrier 0.438
Kafelnikov 0.421
Chang 0.333

You can even include Agassi with 0.548, you should then know Murray is a very special talent..

In fact Murray got a top 10 record that is ahead of Djokovic, Agassi, Connors, Wilander and many other great legends of the game.
Overrated stat perhaps, that pretty much tells you how relevant is the head to head comparisson, especially when you include the top 10 lot which can be so much different from one player to another.

Imagine a player that faces the bottom half of the top ten more often, or plays a good matchup for him more often than the others. Sorry but head to head alone does not define greatness.

The can be useful to compare players but not to decide which one is better than the other.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Overrated stat perhaps, that pretty much tells you how relevant is the head to head comparisson, especially when you include the top 10 lot which can be so much different from one player to another.

Imagine a player that faces the bottom half of the top ten more often, or plays a good matchup for him more often than the others. Sorry but head to head alone does not define greatness.

The can be useful to compare players but not to decide which one is better than the other.
Yeah, but odd things like that should even out when you get closer to 100 top 10 meetings. Anyway, just for the record Murray has played the top 3 (Federer, Djokovic and Nadal) 42 times out of his 86 top 10 meetings and his record against the top 3 is 17-25. So against the rest of the top 10 he has only lost 12 times and won 44 times.

Anyway, I think most guys I listed have played less than 50% of their top 10 encounters against the top 3. Murray has not been lucky in avoiding the top 3 and has held his own against this top 3 which is the best since Borg-Mcenroe-Connors if not even greater.

·
Registered
68,521 Posts
in the end of his career, most probably murray
right now, id say kafelnikov

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Courier in his prime and peak in the early 90s was by far the most superior. He managed 4 slams. Kafelnikov is slightly more talented then Murray. Murray is talented in his own right, just not a supreme talent.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts