Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who is best player right now (after 2020 season)?

• Dominic Thiem

• Nadal

• Daniil Medvedev

• Schwartzman

• Zverev

• Djokovic (still may be one)

• other (say please who!)

• Federer

• Rublev

• Tsitsipas

• Coric

• Sinner

• Wawrinka

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
At this very moment, considering he's just won Paris and the ATP Finals while remaining unbeaten, it's Medvedev.

But throughout the course of the year, I don't think there's necessarily been a clear standout player. I'd still give it to Djokovic based on results though.

·
Registered
516 Posts
There isn't a clear cut number 1 right now. There are about 5 or 6 guys that could beat each other on any given day. We are in a transistion era from the big three. We don't know who or if there will be a new dominant player or two or three from the younger guys yet.

·
9,510 Posts
Wow

·
23,796 Posts
According to this, Djokovic still has lots of points leading for this year, winning Rome, Cincinnati, ATP Cup and Dubai in addition to the Slam results -- personally, it seems kinda close for the Top 3, with them each winning a Slam, and Domi having lots of wins against the Top Ten.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Without the pressure of packed houses, who really knows who's who, and what's what. This whole season is a big . IMHO.

·
Banned
70,522 Posts
zebolla

·
Banned
70,522 Posts

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
If any other semifinalist won YEC, I'd vote for him, no questions asked.
But with Medvedev winning it, I'd say it's Djokovic, the only Slam champion with a Masters title.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
If any other semifinalist won YEC, I'd vote for him, no questions asked.
But with Medvedev winning it, I'd say it's Djokovic, the only Slam champion with a Masters title.
Best player of the year? Yes, slightly ahead of Thiem because of the two Masters. But best player right now? No. Not after losing 4 of his last 8 matches.

·
Registered
17,892 Posts
It's between Djokovic, Thiem and Medvedev.
Nadal winning only 1 slam and getting to quarters of another, not bothering to enter the third one, failing to win even a Masters does not merit a mention here.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
It's between Djokovic, Thiem and Medvedev.
Nadal winning only 1 slam and getting to quarters of another, not bothering to enter the third one, failing to win even a Masters does not merit a mention here.
haha. not threatened at all. blocks out all memories of the absolute beatdown Nadal inflicted on Novak.

·
Registered
8,229 Posts
Thiem for me. He is the most consistent. Djokovic not even in the equation.

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Obviously Thiem.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts