Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am. It may seem a little weird.

I like Hewitt because of his speed and his fighting spirit.

I like Safin because of his awesome raw talent, but his brain may not work sometimes. ;)

I enjoyed there matches against each other. In 2002, there were some nice ones like in Miami and Shanghai.

Anyone else a fan of both Hewitt AND Safin? Hewitt AND Ferrero? others?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hewitt is my favorite. I have a liking to Safin's game. I wouldn't call myself a fan because I don't follow his matches weekly and cheer him on, but I don't hate him.

I have nothing but love for everybody.

I am a Ferrero fan too because I was a fan of him before I saw Hewitt play for the first time, and I never stop being a fan of someone just because I become more of a fan of someone else.

There's no one on this magnificent tour I just don't like. I know I can say that.

Other rivalries:

Agassi and Pete
Kafel vs. Guga, on clay courts, lol
Hewitt vs. Moya, is anyone a fan of both? I am very curious

I have a feeling a Hewitt lover is more likely to like Moya than a Moya lover would like Hewitt

·
Registered
664 Posts
I like both Lleyton Hewitt and Carlos Moya. :p
My favourite one is Juan Carlos Ferrero. I can say Lleyton is the 2nd and Carlos may be the 3rd to me :)

·
Registered
664 Posts
King Scotso of Aragon said:
Are you kidding?

A Hewitt lover likely to like Minging Moya? :fiery: Blasphemy!
Why not :) I'm really happy to see Lleyton win matches, I'm also very happy to see Moya defeat Lleyton, and I'm happy to see Juan Carlos beat Moya, of course :D

·
Registered
495 Posts
I like Hewitt, Roddick, Safin, Moya and lots more. So of course it is possible to like rival players and I know many others who are similar to me in that regard.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
My favorite is Safin. I like other players but none of them come close to Marat.:angel: IMO, Marat is physically the most talented/gifted of the new generation. He's got it all. Size, speed, power, and feel. He can do everything with the ball. He is an all-court player who can play on all surfaces. As the wise Becca once said ( ;) ), Marat at his best, is the best. He can make the game look ridiculously easy at times. A sign of a great player.
He is also for me the most asthetically-pleasing player. His technique, his movement, the way he hits his shots...

As far as rivalries, my faves are:

*Hewitt/Safin- two contrasting styes of games/personalities. Some of the best points of last year have come from Safin/Hewitt matches. These two have produced some of the most incredible rallies i've ever seen. :eek:
*Safin/Kuerten- i love both players. They have so much respect for each other and always bring out the best in one another.
*Safin/Sampras
*Ferrero/Kuerten

·
Registered
584 Posts
I do!

·
Registered
268 Posts
I like Marat Safin and Andy Roddick, who respectively are the most loved and hated players in this forum. Lucky they don't play much against each other in tourment.

·
27,371 Posts
I love Lleyton and he is far and above my favorite player so I'll always be cheering for Lleyton, no matter who he plays ( unless of course he were to play mixed dubs against Kimmie but that's a whole different issue ;) ) Anyways, I also love Marat and Andy :D Marat and Lleyton have a good rivalry going now and hopefully Lleyton and Andy will develop one soon because that's one I'd love to see :D I like Juan Carlos as well but I'm not really sure if I'd call myself a fan :eek: As for Moya, no way lol... For the most part, people who's number 1 fave is Lleyton don't like Moya much ;)

·
Registered
444 Posts
;) I don't like rivalries actually, I like a Safin domination of the tour. Unfortunately for me and fortunately for everybody else :D, Safin's concentration lasts just about that of a child!

Oh well Safin does save me a lot of money on plastic surgery!!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
This may be skipping the point, but I do enjoy the 'rivalry' between Federer and Malisse simply because Roger keeps kicking the X-Man around every time they play.

Malisse won the first back in Davis Cup in '99, since when Federer's taken six in a row including two GS matches (although the won at Wimbledon where he lost a two-set lead and won in five, and the Indian Wells match where he was two points from losing, were a little too close for comfort...)

Funny how two players are very similar in appearance and strengths, from their grease-balled ponytailed look down to their abundance of natural talent, but the match-up is so one sided.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
I've always been a fan of both Agassi and Sampras, probably the greatest rivalry of the 90's. I always enjoy the matches and root for one over the other if i feel they need it more, but usually i dont mind who wins.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Funny how two players are very similar in appearance and strengths, from their grease-balled ponytailed look down to their abundance of natural talent, but the match-up is so one sided.
This made me think of Moya and Ferrero - although they don't *look* similar, and their games aren't *exactly* the same, there is a lot of similarity there.

Yet for some reason it's 7-2 Ferrero :confused:

·
Registered
10,388 Posts
I like the rivalry they have going on, but I'm not a fan of Hewitt. Marat is my absolute fave and JC comes after him. I would like to see a rivalry between them. They already have it, but it's cool to watch.

I think that Marat is often fave when he plays JC, but in Dubai 2001 I really wanted JC to win. I wanted that before Marat was injured. That match and the match Marat played against Goran at Wimbly were the only times I didn't mind seeing Marat lose.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts