Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mods editing my OP is a lame move. Better move threads to Ruins instead of completely suppressing freedom of speech.

I wonder is it Federer? As a servebot who slicebots a lot in order to reduce his bh errorbotting and spoil opponent's groundstrokes, Federer can be unwatchable at times. Karlovic can look like a proper attacking player comparing to this, other thing is that he errorbots a lot.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Even the most servebotting, slicebotting and errorboting version of Fed is still 10 times more interesting to watch than the most boring pusher of all time from - Novack Djokovic.
Only biased haters can call Djokovic a pusher. And he is far from boring - he may actually be the most exciting player ever after Nadal.

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
Vanni

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Karlovic is the last serve and volley player around, also his backhand slice can be good to watch at times. This makes him more entertaining to watch than Isner or Opelka, although i quite like Opelka.

·
justice for all
13,370 Posts
Only biased haters can call Djokovic a pusher. And he is far from boring - he may actually be the most exciting player ever after Nadal.
Yeah, right. And only unbiased lovers call Federer the WORST-to-watch.
You are the pot calling the kettle black.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Nadal is by far the worst player to watch, in my opinion. His style of play is just so boring and attritional, and then to put the cherry on the cake he also takes the longest between points! There's no reason for him to change, he's won a hell of a lot of titles playing that way, but I just find his approach tedious.

The worst servebot to watch for me was Phillippoussis, because he had a terrible attitude. He wasn't really bothered about being out there. At least, I thought he had a terrible attitude, until Kyrgios came along.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Quite funny to see how all the tards again and again try to diminish the other top players qualities. I personally am happy to have been able to see the three so different extremely high-level playing styles of Federer, Nadal and Djokovic meet each other. Whose play you like to watch most is a personal preference, but I can assure you, it would have been much more boring if they had all played the same style.

·
Registered
6,883 Posts
Karlovic is the last serve and volley player around, also his backhand slice can be good to watch at times. This makes him more entertaining to watch than Isner or Opelka, although i quite like Opelka.
Let's be honest his style of serve and volley is really unexciting, nothing to do with the likes of Pete Sampras, Pat Rafter, Richard Krajicek, etc.

·
Registered
136 Posts
"Boring" is subjective. For example, watching Djokovic is very boring for me. It's really hard to get through his matches.

To answer the OP's question, I'm gonna go with Opelka and Isner. They're maybe even more boring than Djokovic. Or at least on equal par.

·
Registered
57,777 Posts
Most pusher/servebot/slicebot hybrids are way better to watch on grass or fast hard than slow hard or clay. Think any of Lopez, Granollers, Kyrgios, even Lorenzi to a degree. Lopez and Granollers become pretty much pure S&V. Kyrgios's slices get more extreme as they can actually end a point and he rushes the net more.

Though I actually quite enjoy PCB's game, he's another example of this. He's got great touch but 0 power, and when he's on grass, he serve and volleys like every other point. His serve isn't good enough for it to actually be very effective but he's incredibly fun to watch on the surface.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I really like Ivo Karlovic, but I once had to endure seeing him play Del Potro live in Stockholm. I like both of them so I was kinda hyped to see them. But Karlovic made it an absolute snoozefest. Its much nicer to watch him on tv where you can browse and keep half an eye on the live scores to come in and watch his tiebreaks.

It is possible that i would find Isner slightly more boring live, but he has slightly longer rallies

·
10,392 Posts
I really like Ivo Karlovic, but I once had to endure seeing him play Del Potro live in Stockholm. I like both of them so I was kinda hyped to see them. But Karlovic made it an absolute snoozefest. Its much nicer to watch him on tv where you can browse and keep half an eye on the live scores to come in and watch his tiebreaks.

It is possible that i would find Isner slightly more boring live, but he has slightly longer rallies
I'm Jealous you got to see Del Potro , but I can't imagine having to buy a ticket for Ivo Karlovic. Probably only on MTF would say , "Yes I am here to watch this QF 250 event to see Ivo Karlovic, should be a great match!!!"

Reactions: jojjeshruk

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I'm Jealous you got to see Del Potro , but I can't imagine having to buy a ticket for Ivo Karlovic. Probably only on MTF would say , "Yes I am here to watch this QF 250 event to see Ivo Karlovic, should be a great match!!!"
Seeing someone like del Potro play karlovic live felt like seeing one of the greatest dancers in the world dancing with Ivo Karlovic. With that said just before this match I got to watch Dimitrov vs Anderson live, which was a great match. When Dimitrov hits his slice on TV you dont get how good it is, live you can see how it floats with much more pace just centimeters over the net and the whole crowd just collectively sort of holds its breath, the way Dimitrov moves around the court is also very impressive live, and Anderson who normally is sort of boring to me is so impressive when he is ballbashing consistently, and moves into the net with his massive frame.

I think I would have enjoyed karlovic vs Del Potro much more if I hadnt just watched a beautiful match up. I even got to see Dimitrov choke away a set live.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts