Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just realized that i haven't been hearing about them in years and just wanted to know the latest about them. i can't find any official website or something.

2 questions to throw here:

1. does anyone have the stats of their doubles career? number of titles won, etc.

2. was it luke who can serve using either left or right arm anytime he wants?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so they don't play on tour anymore? i always enjoyed watching them play with their antics...

if the atp wanted to save doubles, i think what the jensens show out there keeps fans interested.

maybe other doubles teams should try being crazy on court then ;)

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
They won the 1994 French Open double crown, I think.

Murphy had a baby with Mike Tyson's ex.

Luke had a bit part in the movie "Wimbledon".

All you need to know :p

·
Premium Member
10,353 Posts
megadeth said:
so they don't play on tour anymore? i always enjoyed watching them play with their antics...

if the atp wanted to save doubles, i think what the jensens show out there keeps fans interested.

maybe other doubles teams should try being crazy on court then ;)
They mostly have been playing senior and charity events the last few years (including the seniors at the slams). They attempted a mini-comeback to the ATP earlier this year, but Murphy got injured so they called it quits. Luke continues to play senior doubles with other partners.

Luke works part-time for ESPN (Wimbledon and WTT) while Murphy works for The Tennis Channel. (Murphy also had a small role in the "Wimbledon" film that came out last year.)

The Jensens also run a tennis academy solely for kids with Down Syndrome:

http://www.jensen-schmidt.com/JSWEBS~1/HOMEx.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts