Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe Djokovic doesn't have the softest touch at the net, but I must choose him because no other player can consistently produce in one point so many close to the line or on the line shots.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
So by your definition of touch you're pertty much looking for the guy who hits the best balls with good accuracy as many times in a point/match as possible as to win the most points and matches? In other words, who is the number one player in the world right now?

If you just want everyone to say Djokovic then just start a thread 'ITT say Djokovic'.

·
Banned
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So by your definition of touch you're pertty much looking for the guy who hits the best balls with good accuracy as many times in a point/match as possible as to win the most points and matches? In other words, who is the number one player in the world right now?

If you just want everyone to say Djokovic then just start a thread 'ITT say Djokovic'.
Who has the best hands in your opinion?

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Leander Paes.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Who has the best hands in your opinion?
Well depends how you look at it. I think the skill not to make any errors is something different than 'touch' or 'hands'.

Touch, I would class as hitting unorthodox balls, usually non-topspin, in skillfull and effective ways. Say drop shots, non-easy-finisher volleys, reflex shots. Federer is still a master at this and the first I think of, Murray is pretty ok, probably some guys I'm not thinking of, Santoro used to be good.

Nadal is decent with touch as well, pretty good at handling rallies, redirecting drop shots and stuff inside the service boxes for instance. It certainly isn't one of Djokovic's great strengths (though he isn't terrible).

·
Banned
4,868 Posts
When you say touch I always think of dropshots and volleys. I always felt Gasquet had a great touch. Federer's volleys.Llodra's volleys. Murray's lobs. Even peak Nadal's volleys at Wimbledon. Janowicz and Djokovic have great dropshots aswell. From the young guns, Tiafoe has an amazing forehand dropshot. There's also something beautiful in Tomic's and Dolgopolov's backhand slice.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Maybe Djokovic doesn't have the softest touch at the net, but I must choose him because no other player can consistently produce in one point so many close to the line or on the line shots.
¸

Yes, you're right, but that has nothing to do with touch. Redefine your question if you want Djokovic to be the answer.

·
Premium Member
29,538 Posts
Yeah it's Djokovic easily, OP hit the nail on the head here like always

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Milos Raonic. His greatest display of touch was against Djokovic at Australian Open this year.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
So just to be clear, by "touch", you mean a fictional, personalized definition that bears nothing in common with the actual usage or accepted definition of the word?

In that case I'm not sure.

I have a question though, who has the nicest "racquet" on tour? Oh, and by racquet I mean car. I go with Federer, since he has a sponsorship with Mercedes, they make great racquets.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Djokovic of course. Not even debatable.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Ok for heaven's sake, we get it, Djokovic is the best at everything in the history of tennis and all other players suck. :rolleyes:

Are you satisfied?

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
1 - 20 of 47 Posts