1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Verdasco's arm is straight before/at/after he hits the ball, so not as much flexibility. Nadal hits it harder than Federer, but Federer has more wrist work. Well that's my opinion anyway, tie between Fedal.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Roger Federer has the best everything since he has won the most grand slams. That's how it works doesn't it?

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Verdasco's forehand might not be as versatile as the other two but at it's best it is probably the most destructive. Nadal packs it with power and topspin, making it consistent, and very good, but it's being compared to two of the best.

Everything about Fed's different forehands are all-round great and difficult to find weaknesses so it's probably Federer, then a toss up between Nadal and Nando.

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
In terms of weight transfer Verdasco wins easily. It is a smooth flowing shot that generates easy power through perfect flowing technique.

Federer's though top this list because his forehand's just a monster when his footwork is working properly

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think one of the reason why most ppl vote for Federer's forehand is that it's his finishing shot. Nadal is famous for his loopy forehand and movement on court. Verdasco's forehand is lethal but he also makes a lot of mistakes on the forehand side. Given the same short ball to the forehand. There is no doubt Federer will take care of business, Nadal probably will finish the point. But for Verdasco, it's kinda like 50/50.

·
Registered
1 Posts
IMO Nadal. His fh is the most complete and destructive in all directions and positions. Fed's i/o is superb, but it's not as good down the line. Verdasco's much too short.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts