Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who has best serve-return combo on the tour?

• Djokovic

Votes: 28 42.4%
  • Murray

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • Federer

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Nadal

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Berdych

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Monfils

• Fish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think which player has together serve-return of serve as best combo- i think it is close between Djokovic-Murray- both are probably 2 best returnes and both have similar quality of serves- i mean Murray has clearly better 1st serve, but lower %FS in and Nole has better 2nd serve. Or maybe someone else?

·
Registered
23,908 Posts
thats what makes it so sad ever since his wrist injury which cause him to miss the whole 2010 season because got surgery on it......i felt terrible absolutely terrible for him......i mean hes so young and so softly spoken and well talented, but hopefully he will bring back his 2009 form......... o dear:unsure: :scared:

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,438 Posts
Murray.

His serve, when he's in form and in the zone, is pretty unreturnable. His returns, when he's in form and in the zone, are just superb and probably the best on the tour. Both of these together are almost unbeatable and make him frustrating to play.

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Murray.

His serve, when he's in form and in the zone, is pretty unreturnable. His returns, when he's in form and in the zone, are just superb and probably the best on the tour. Both of these together are almost unbeatable and make him frustrating to play.
I voted Novak but I have to say Murray(yeah I know it's a shock)...Murray has slightly worse return than Novak but his Serve is better more than his return is worse so I give it to Murray.....but Novak is still a break point GOAT........but answer is Andy

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Murray has a better first serve, and return of first serves. Djokovic has a better second serve, and return of second serves. All in all pretty close. But in preparation for the wave of Murray hate, I'll give the edge to Murray.

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Murray has a better first serve, and return of first serves. Djokovic has a better second serve, and return of second serves. All in all pretty close. But in preparation for the wave of Murray hate, I'll give the edge to Murray.
Can someone quote me so that the gay guy can see my answer?Djokovic is the best return player on the planet 1st serve,2nd ,3rd,ect....

·
Registered
6,005 Posts
Murray.

U sure made me :lol: here.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Murray. His low first serve % is the only thing that hurts him in this category, really. His 1st serve is excellent.
Djokovic would be right up there if he had his 2007ish serve.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
According to the biggest expert on MTF Sapeod Murray is best at everything. He has the best FH, the best BH, the best ROS, the best movement, the best running shoes. Andy is the prettiest player on the tour too. Andy's hair is mmmm, so beautiful. Somehow Andy, with all of his superior skills is ranked #3 in the world and he won zero GS. ATP must do something about that. It's not fair.

I apologize to true Murray fans on this board for being sarcastic. I'm a Murray fan too but I just don't understand how anybody can be so st...d like this Sapeod guy. Gee.

·
Registered
13,308 Posts
I voted Novak but I have to say Murray(yeah I know it's a shock)...Murray has slightly worse return than Novak but his Serve is better more than his return is worse so I give it to Murray.....but Novak is still a break point GOAT........but answer is Andy
Even though Djokovic has had a much better year, Murray still tops the leaderboard for points won returning first serve (the true test of a returner). Any difference in second serve returning this year (very minor advantage to Nole) can be explained by Djokovic simply being a superior rallier this year.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts