Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it's an interesting question.

Federer's FH has really declined in terms of power and isn't as consistent as a few years ago.
Nadal's FH this season is a shadow of what it usually was.
Djokovic's FH can break down in moments of pressure.
Murray's FH is definitely a good shot but his BH is still better in relative terms.
Berdych's FH is a bit inconsistent and isn't that reliable in big matches and in big moments.
Tsonga's FH isn't at his best anymore, even if that shot was on fire against Berdych at RG.
Wawrinka's FH is way too inconsistent to be considered as the best in the game.
del Potro is barely an active player these days, while Soderling is more or less retired.

So who do you think has the best forehand right now ?

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Jack Sock.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
This year?

Djokovic. That FH is a thing of beauty. Quite underrated too.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I think it's an interesting question.

Federer's FH has really declined in terms of power and isn't as consistent as a few years ago.
Nadal's FH this season is a shadow of what it usually was.
Djokovic's FH can break down in moments of pressure.
Murray's FH is definitely a good shot but his BH is still better in relative terms.
Berdych's FH is a bit inconsistent and isn't that reliable in big matches and in big moments.
Tsonga's FH isn't at his best anymore, even if that shot was on fire against Berdych at RG.
Wawrinka's FH is way too inconsistent to be considered as the best in the game.
del Potro is barely an active player these days, while Soderling is more or less retired.

So who do you think has the best forehand right now ?
You do realize people outside top 10 also have forehands? The answer is Jack Sock.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Wawrinka

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Sock.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
This year?

Djokovic. That FH is a thing of beauty. Quite underrated too.
Please give me some of what you are on, that forehand basically cost Djokovic the FO, 6 winners 23 unforced errors with it which is a disgrace for a world number 1.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
It's got to be Wawrinka. He's actually changed his forehand between AO2015 and RG2015. A remarkable feat. He doesn't even hit too hard (even though I believe he has the highest average of the tournament). What is great about his style is that he's willing to take pace off and go for the angles, or simple go for the angles and pace where possible. He's learned to adjust it instead of thumping the ball again and again and again, hence why now it's a more lethal weapon.

·
Registered
982 Posts
probably wawa. would have been djoko if it didn't break down at the FO final... Sock? don't think so. he's like a mediocre Tsonga at the moment and Tsonga himself is not at his best

·
Banned
4,868 Posts
This is a very difficult question atm, since the most consistent players (Djokovic and Murray) have very good forehands, but not great.
Wawrinka, Sock, Berdych have bombs but it's not consistent.

Berdych can't win a Slam with it. Sock never came to TOP30 so it doesn't deserve to be mentioned yet.
Wawrinka's forehand helped him win 2 Slams and it's amazing when on, absolutely crushed Djokovic's forehand.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Please give me some of what you are on, that forehand basically cost Djokovic the FO, 6 winners 23 unforced errors with it which is a disgrace for a world number 1.
So blindsided and full of hate. :facepalm:
One swallow does not summer make (for haters of course).

Not sure why I bother replying to trolls, but here it is.

He was exhausted and playing really sub-par in that match. His serve and BH were all completely off. His shots were short, barely or not clearing service line, contrary to previous matches. Clearly could not play properly after going through gruesome draw and schedule and not having proper full day rest.

Look at his previous matches. How many FH winners vs Nadal or Murray, or throughout the year, starting but not limited to AO?

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
So blindsided and full of hate. :facepalm:
One swallow does not summer make (for haters of course).

Not sure why I bother replying to trolls, but here it is.

He was exhausted and playing really sub-par in that match. His serve and BH were all completely off. Clearly could not play properly after going through gruesome draw and schedule and not having proper full day rest.

Look at his previous matches. How many FH winners vs Nadal or Murray, or throughout the year, starting but not limited to AO?
In fact i was rooting for him in the final but was totally let down by that "performance", i still think with a better strategy (not give Wawrinka angle to hit his shots to begin with) he would have won even with adverse scheduling but he was so tight and i don't expect a right gameplan coming from Boris "useless" Becker.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts