Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Another player - specify

Votes: 2 3.0%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean who has that defense from baseline, behind the baseline that can give everything back, it is hardest to hit a winner against that player and can pass you all the time. I think it is between Rafa or Nole, Nole this season seems to be such great defender, but over the years Rafa was known as the best defender, able to hit winner from every part of the court or pass you with passing shots. Maybe Murray can be included to, but doubt he is better in that than those 2 so whad do you think?

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
Tough call between Nadal 2008 and Djokovic 2011...

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,453 Posts
All 3 are the best defenders. Murray is the better defender on hardcourt, Djokovic is the better defender on clay. Nadal is a great defender and he's better on clay than Murray but he's worse than Djokovic on hardcourt and clay. I don't know about grass. It's between Murray and Nadal.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All 3 are the best defenders. Murray is the better defender on hardcourt, Djokovic is the better defender on clay. Nadal is a great defender and he's better on clay than Murray but he's worse than Djokovic on hardcourt and clay. I don't know about grass. It's between Murray and Nadal.
Yes i know all 3 are top 3 in this category so i make a thred what people think who has the edge in this category.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Voted Novak, he passes well, prevents people from attacking and most of all resets the points best. He won't have to hit an outright winner.

Rafa has to hit a passing shot to win and he sometimes can be hit off court, Murray defends well but lets attacking players dominate to easily.

And while he is Olderer Fed should be in the poll. In his prime he turned defence into offence much like Novak now, only Fed came into net a lot or hit slice smashes and half-volleys to pass attackers.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Djokovic by some distance. Not only through athleticism, but the ability to return the ball with interest on the run/slide.

·
Banned
6,118 Posts
Gasquet. He plays in the stands and he is still winning his match and he is ranked 11 th

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
oh boy, another heartbreaking thread for Muzzatard.

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
It's Djokovic this year

·
@Ryan's Hat
19,893 Posts

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
right now it must be the following:

1. nole
2. murray
3. clay warrior ---- yes he has allowed himself to slip and he is paying a little price for it
4. fed ----just a function of age. he was right up there with nadal around 2005-2007. even at 30, he is among the best.

others dont come close to this group.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Why the heck ain't Federer on the list? :S

From the choices clearly Rafa.
I didn´t include Roger, because i think those 3 are above others and maybe even when Roger is 4th, when i put him there should make it at least 6-7 options to add another 2 great deffender so i just don´t include Roger - because of that i wrote to another - specify.

·
Registered
9,432 Posts
Currently Djokovic. Then Nadal (who seems to have lost his passing-shot mojo but still gets a ton of balls back), then Murray. Faderer is still up there along with some other outstanding defenders such as Ferrer, Simon, Monfils perhaps. Federer in his prime was probably a better defender than Nadal on hard courts, but not on other surfaces.

Ever - between peak Nadal & Borg.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts