Votes: 21 70.0%
  • Tiafoe

Votes: 9 30.0%
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both 17 year old kids having great season, so who has impressed you most and who will have the better career ?

·
Registered
19,417 Posts
Who impressed more? It should be a no brainer it's Rublev as he already started to make the step towards the ATP tournaments

Who will have a better career? Impossible to say. It's impossible to say who will have a better career between Raonic and Dimitrov and we are following them for so long so let alone this

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
Asking who will have a better career for 17 yo boys ? Whats next-give the ORANGE BOWL draw and lets predict who will have the best career :)

·
Registered
21,283 Posts
Rublev is like 10 months older than Tiafoe. Let's see where Tiafoe is at late this year.
Rublev is exactly 3 months older than Tiafoe

·
Registered
33,356 Posts
Rublev is exactly 3 months older than Tiafoe
Either way doesn't matter. Youngsters develop at different rates. Tiafoe didn't turn pro until April. Even before that he won a futures and was a finalist in another one. He'll be in MD's of ATP soon enough.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I meant from what everyone has seen of them and yes it is impossible to judge but both have great games for there ages and Tiafoe is mentally strong at a young age.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
To me it is Tiafoe, simply because Frances has done it with no wild cards, while Rublev has had a WC into every event he has played in 2015.

In the last three weeks alone, Tiafoe qualified into Sarasota where he reached the QF, used that run to make the SFs of Savannah as a SE, and then used that run to go to the finals in Tallahassee as a SE. Tiafoe's futures record has been beyond impressive as well.

Rublev has the big $$$ behind him, as Andrey gets a bigger push in the US than Tiafoe has had in his home country.

·
Registered
33,356 Posts
To me it is Tiafoe, simply because Frances has done it with no wild cards, while Rublev has had a WC into every event he has played in 2015.

In the last three weeks alone, Tiafoe qualified into Sarasota where he reached the QF, used that run to make the SFs of Savannah as a SE, and then used that run to go to the finals in Tallahassee as a SE. Tiafoe's futures record has been beyond impressive as well.

Rublev has the big $$$ behind him, as Andrey gets a bigger push in the US than Tiafoe has had in his home country.
Tiafoe had a WC into both Savannah and Tally but maybe he didn't need to use them.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Tiafoe had a WC into both Savannah and Tally but maybe he didn't need to use them.
I know that Tallahassee didn't offer him a WC until he was already in the second round of Savannah (which he did not need as he ultimately earned a special entry). I'm not sure about Savannah, as I only saw him listed as a SE in the draw sheet and have no other knowledge regarding their WC plans in advance.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know that Tallahassee didn't offer him a WC until he was already in the second round of Savannah (which he did not need as he ultimately earned a special entry). I'm not sure about Savannah, as I only saw him listed as a SE in the draw sheet and have no other knowledge regarding their WC plans in advance.
But it doesn't matter about who got a WC or not I was really talking about there games overall both look impressive for 17.

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
This truly cracked me up. :haha:
Its impossible to say: "my bad,i was wrong" in this forum.They keep even trying to find a way to make their words right,no matter they are talking sh*ts.MTF™ ®

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
Where did I say I wasn't wrong?

Go on, TELL ME?

OH THAT'S RIGHT YOU CAN'T!!!
Saying somebody is like almost an year older,then got corrected its just 3 months,big difference,but as u said it doesn't matter for u.

·
Registered
33,356 Posts
Saying somebody is like almost an year older,then got corrected its just 3 months,big difference,but as u said it doesn't matter for u.
It doesn't matter though? 3 months, 10 months? Still does not matter. Stop trying to pick out on something and make a big deal out of it. When I admitted my mistake. It still doesn't change my view that youngsters develop at a different rate.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Ever since I first heard Rublev's name, I can't help but think of the movie/historical figure. That means he has struggled to stand out for me in his own right a little, particularly given Andrei Rublev is one of my favourite films. If he can bring the same artistry and inspiration to the tennis court, then he'll win slams. His ATP matches to date have been very impressive. Haven't paid much attention to Tiafoe yet.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts