Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who will have bigger success at Wimbledon?

• Raonic

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Kyrgios

Votes: 23 65.7%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both players with the best serves in their generations. Who will end up with more Wimbledons if any will do at all?:scratch:

·
Registered
690 Posts
Kyrgios by far. Wimbledon is too fast for Raonic's return and ground strokes. He's not a typical serve bot like Isner/Karlovic. He rally considerably well and he depends a lot on his I/O FH. But he doesn't move to well to hit his powerful groundies at Wimbledon. Plus, he doesn't have an aggressive slice like most big servers do.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Kyrgios.

Raonic is not slam winning material.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,324 Posts
Raonic has to contend against some good returners. But his first serve on its own is still better than Kyrgios in my opinion.
Kyrgios will be lucky his peak will be much later.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Raonic has to contend against some good returners. But his first serve on its own is still better than Kyrgios in my opinion.
Kyrgios will be lucky his peak will be much later.
this.
Genaration Rao is out of luck - Novak will be sweeping everything 4 more years.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Serve: Raonic
Forehand: Raonic
Backhand: Kyrgios
Volleys: Even
Foot speed: Kyrgios
Return of serve: Kyrgios
Mental Edge: Kyrgios
Experience: Raonic

Right now I'd say Raonic is maybe a slightly better grass courter than Nick, but once Kyrgios develops his volley game, matures physically and gets a bit more experience, he will clearly be the superior player.

With the likes of Djokovic, Murray and Fed hanging around, Milos' window of opportunity will also be smaller than Nick's.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
raonic's best chances are the hard court slams

he is simply not a good grass court player and while he has improved on clay there will always been better clay courters around to stop him at the french

·
Bring it Home
20,495 Posts
Like Sampras always said, mostly everyone can serve in Wimbledon, the secret is the return of serve, to sneak a break here or there.

Also it's obvious you've to deal well with low balls in order to win tough matches in the grass.

Neither of those players are good returners or deal well with slow balls, but both can certainly sneak a break at some point.

I'd say their chances are slim and pretty similar.

·
Banned
4,868 Posts
Some posters were on point here.
I don't think their serve will determine if they'll win Wimbledon.
It's more about the details like improving their return, improving their topspin backhand and backhand slice, preparing for the season in a way they can peak at the right moment.

·
Bring it Home
20,495 Posts
Some posters were on point here.
I don't think their serve will determine if they'll win Wimbledon.
It's more about the details like improving their return, improving their topspin backhand and backhand slice, preparing for the season in a way they can peak at the right moment.
Non-factor on grass. ;)

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
I'm sorry to be so blunt, they are winning shit. Fed 'being 133 yo' can spank them both. Djokovic could literally 'kill them' at his will. Murray too.

Neither Raonic or Nick are getting 'there' ... not yet :). I wish them luck though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts