Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Nadal because his two main competitors probably won't play...while Andreescu still have to deal with people Serena, Kenin, Osaka and a whole bunch of other players that live in the USA...most top players in the men don't live in the US and probably won't be there....

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
WTA is super unpredictable. Definitely Rafa.

·
WOAT Predictor
7,007 Posts
Andreescu has been injured since the USO and did not compete at the AO, so is a bit of an unknown quantity.
She was pretty awesome 😎 last year.
Nadal will probably win the USO for a record equalling 5th time if his main competitor doesn't show up.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
equal imo.

Andreescu has won only one GS to date, and defending champion status is still heavy to bear. Not to mention the current confused situation with covid and a blurred hierarchy in WTA.

And Nadal never succeeded in defending a GS outside the RG clay, and even less at the US Open.
... like all the winners since 2008.

·
|
16,427 Posts
Rafa is 2-1 vs. Djokovic in their US Open meetings, and it would be 3-1 if they'd met at 2018 US Open but Rafa got injured and retired in the SF.
After all, their 2018 Wimbledon Final was played with a closed roof, and Djokovic still needed 10-8 fifth set to win!

·
Registered
7,815 Posts
Depends on who adapts to the new Laykold resurfacing better. It’s said to resemble the former Plexicushion of Melbourne & we know who that suits & i’m not referring to either of these two.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Depends on who adapts to the new Laykold resurfacing better. It’s said to resemble the former Plexicushion of Melbourne & we know who that suits & i’m not referring to either of these two.
Seems like Pissovic wants another spanking by Jesuswrinka

Reactions: Bakano

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I actually really like Andreescu's chances if she's healthy but then again we won't have seen her play in almost a year by then.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts