• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should Berdych and Nishikori lose tomorrow Nadal keeps a slim chance that he will be ranked #4 at Roland Garros alive should he win Rome.

So my question is should Djokovic or Federer tank to ensure Nadal gets ranked 5-8. It could work out beautifully for one of them should Nadal

get lumped in the other half with the other 2 Big 4 members.

I personally think Federer will tank as it's not likely for Wawrinka to win against Nadal, then Nadal would do his usual against Federer.

This way he guarantees Nadal won't be #4 at Roland Garros and puts the weaker player Berdych as #4 (asuming Djokovic beats Nishikori).

Suddenly Federer becomes a real dark horse at the french should he meet someone like ferrer in the quater's then Berdych in the Semis.

Of course there's a filp side and perhaps Djokovic and Federer will win then tank to Nadal to ensure he's #4 to save meeting him before the Semi Finals.

·
Registered
26,795 Posts
I think it's a funny thread :lol: After all, it's true. Either Fed or Djoko can make 100% sure Rafa is not seeded 4th.

Here is my request to Universe-- whoever tanks his match in Rome, gets Nadal in 1/4th of RG :rocker2:

·
Administrator
14,827 Posts
:facepalm:

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
I think it's a funny thread :lol: After all, it's true. Either Fed or Djoko can make 100% sure Rafa is not seeded 4th.

Here is my request to Universe-- whoever tanks his match in Rome, gets Nadal in 1/4th of RG :rocker2:
It's not about Nadal at all, because he'll get the same draw at RG whether no.4 or 8, i.e. Berdych at QF and Federer/Wawrinka for SF.

It's about Nishikori being no.4 instead of Berdych, so that one of Murray or Djokovic gets Berdych in QF instead of Nishi.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
Maybe Nadal will get new #4 in QF at FO. He would not have problems with Berdych or Nishikori at FO at all. But it could be a good story before FO.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe Nadal will get new #4 in QF at FO. He would not have problems with Berdych or Nishikori at FO at all. But it could be a good story before FO.
Yeah obviously that's a possibility also, in fact i'm not really worried one bit where Nadal is seeded as i don't think it will change much

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Clayray is a genius... his focus is on his own game not with anyone else.

If Fed or Novak gonna tank to prevent Nadal from getting 4th seed as the OP suggested... it only shows they are scared of Nadal.

This is why Clayray is winning this mind game going to RG.

·
|
14,942 Posts
Clayray is a genius... his focus is on his own game not with anyone else.

If Fed or Novak gonna tank to prevent Nadal from getting 4th seed as the OP suggested... it only shows they are scared of Nadal.

This is why Clayray is winning this mind game going to RG.
Exactly, although of course its very hard to tell if Federer is tanking or not, because his last 2 years on clay have been quite messy (and he has a messy record vs Berdych anyway).

·
Registered
21,336 Posts
Djoker will try to tank but fail, Fed will try to win but end up tanking

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I truly wish either one of them to tank this. Rome doesn't mean a shit. Nadull is cancerous to Tennis body. He needs to be eliminated first, rest I don't care.

·
Super Moderator
62,010 Posts
Federer has played 1250 tour level matches without tanking once, he's not going to break that streak just for the possibility of drawing Nadal in the QF rather than being assured of avoiding him until the SF.

Djokovic is not going to tank either.

If either lose it will be because Berdych and/or Nishikori were better players on this particular day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.