Votes: 13 22.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Federer.

Djokovic winning would take the pressure off himself going into the US Open. It's been 18 months since Novak Djokovic lifted a grand-slam title and if he is beaten on Sunday, that will turn into 20 months come the US Open. Having that pressure on you going into big matches agaisnt Rafael Nadal, on any surface is a big burden to deal with.

He won't mind Federer winning and gaining some momentum going into the American hard-court swing, because he knows he carries such a severe match-up advantage over him.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Personally I think Novak has underachieved and Roger has overachieved so I hoping that Novak would win. Novak deserves to be one of the all-time greats at least on par with Lendl, McEnroe, Connors and Agassi. Plus it will keep Nadal's quest for Roger's record more attainable. But in a way it's a lose lose situation, but I guess Novak winning would be a little better for humanity because he's not a vulture.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
We need to ask Uncle Toni

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Personally I think Novak has underachieved and Roger has overachieved so I hoping that Novak would win. Novak deserves to be one of the all-time greats at least on par with Lendl, McEnroe, Connors and Agassi. Plus it will keep Nadal's quest for Roger's record more attainable. But in a way it's a lose lose situation, but I guess Novak winning would be a little better for humanity because he's not a vulture.
Trust it to be a user with 'nadal' in their username to come out with that! :haha:

If this statement has any truth to it then Nadal ever reaching the second week of grandslams other than the french open, have all been over-achievements.

·
Your visions will happen
47,134 Posts
Rafa wants to go fishing and lay on a beach on Sunday, doubt he gives a fuck about the match

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Make it hard to catch slam record/be considered GOAT vs lose #1 rank. I'm sure neither would have been his preference, but probably Djokovic.
If Nole wins he has less pressure going into the US Open.

Nadal could do with Nole replicating some chokes this year around at the US again.

Federer gaining some momentum from winning Wimbledon won't be great enough to stop Nadal dominating their match-up.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
The answer is obvious. Should Federer win on Sunday, Nadal would have to win four more majors to match him. That is not an easy task, especially if the likes of Kyrios, Milos and Mr Sharapova start getting ideas and dreaming of doing big things in the majors.

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts
You see, the problem for Dull is that he loses both ways. For Dull, he is concerned with what hurts him the least

All stage-one Nadull tards will automatically conclude that Fed winning 18 hurts their boy the most. But in contrast, a Djokovic victory would be huge, as it is against the GOAT, in the most prestigious tournament in the world which also happens to be Novak's favourite. It would give Novak huge confidence, which consequently carries over to matches with Dull.

Lately Djokovic has earned the reputation of being a Slam final BYE, and like Clutch said - he has pressure to add another slam to the tally. Less pressure = Novak won't choke so goddamn much in finals.

Looking in Dull's perspective, he is probably a simple guy who simply likes Federer a bit more, so he wants Federer to win.

·
Registered
26,785 Posts
Looking in Dull's perspective, he is probably a simple guy who simply likes Federer a bit more, so he wants Federer to win.
Don't think it's still true. I am pretty sure Nadal will cheer for Djokovic. Unless he will be enjoying sea :lol: And I will join him on Mallorca in just 3 days! :cheerleader:

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
The answer is obvious. Should Federer win on Sunday, Nadal would have to win four more majors to match him. That is not an easy task, especially if the likes of Kyrios, Milos and Mr Sharapova start getting ideas and dreaming of doing big things in the majors.
You also thought the winner of the Australian Open was obvious. :yeah: Then my sig happened :yeah: and here you still are. :worship: for shaming it out.

Anyway, Nadal isn't a child like the majority of his plastic fans around here and will want Novak to lose so he feels the pressure at the US Open.

I don't believe he actually cares as much as his plastic fans do about breaking the record, to me he seems too humble as a person to be desperate to want to have the accolade of holding the most slams. He probably just wants to win slams and master.

Nadal strikes me as a guy that stays in the present and doesn't look too far ahead. He focuses on winning individual slams.

He's not getting the calculator out, or asking Uncle Toni to do the maths. I'm not sure he's looking at the bigger picture.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Rafael Nadal loses something either way. He's not going to stress out worrying about this. I think he likes Federer a bit more but that's about it.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Rafa wants to go fishing and lay on a beach on Sunday, doubt he gives a fuck about the match
This. If forced to choose though I'd assume Federer. He reveres the guy whereas he's alot cooler with Djokovic (though still cordial). Also he's always seen Novak as his real nemesis and currently he's the much bigger rival, he'll lose #1 if Novak wins and Novak will gain a ton of confidence for the rest of the year. The only thing Federer winning might threaten is Nadal's claim to being the greatest and I've never gotten the impression he cares about that at all.

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
If Rafa has to pick, I think in this case, because it is a slam, he would pick Djokovic to win it all. If it is a master's 1000 or lower tournament, he would probably want Federer to win. For a guy who is joint second on the list of players winning most slams, he would like to get to or surpass 17 as early as possible. Federer winning 18 will make Rafa's task to equal or surpass Federer's count more difficult as he is not getting any younger. For a guy who has achieved so much and is already considered the GOAT by at least some (including me :D), Rafa, the only player among the current crop of players to have a legitimate shot at this, would definitely want to equal or surpass Federer before he hangs up his boots.

·
Registered
905 Posts
If Novak wins Nadal moves to #2. If Roger wins, he falls one more Grand Slams behind.

Probably Grand Slams are more important than losing weeks at #1, so probably wants Novak to win if he cares at all.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Nadal will lose his no.1 soon whatever the outcome of this match.

He is not defending any of the hard court titles and will lose before the WTF final. 4000 points will be gone.

Djoker nowadays is a ranking points player.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
He doesn't care but in all seriousness probably Djokovic. The whole goal/aim is to break Federer's record. If Federer makes it 18, it only makes it that much more difficult.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts