Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who do you think is worst match-up for Rafa on HC?

• Djokovic

Votes: 53 50.0%
  • Davydenko

Votes: 30 28.3%
  • Tsonga

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Del Potro

Votes: 11 10.4%
  • Karlovic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Isner

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Ljubicic

• Murray

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Nalbandian

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • other

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HC is major surface, and on clay he doesn´t have any bad match-up besides lately Nole. I know there are many HC courts like slow outdoor HC, low bouncing indoor or medium, but just generally on HC who do you have the feeling is worst match-up for Nadal? My picks in no order just choose and all those guys i mean when they are playing high level of tennis.

Djokovic - i think don´t need to write too much, we have seen 2011 and he always was tough for Rafa on HC even before.

Davydenko - playing fast, taking the ball early, consistent machine like, great return, 6-1 H2H on HC with Rafa

Del Potro - has the power game, huge FH to blast you from the court and just can break any deffense with his groundstrokes.

Tsonga - great serve, FH, net game and explosivness in rallies to take down Rafa.

Big servers - i just give in one group guys like Ivo, Isner, Ljubicic, don´t want to make everybody separate, just guys with the serve to bother Rafa not to be broken force him to TB´s and Rafa doesn´t like to play them.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Davydenko is his worst match-up for sure on HC!

·
Hakeem
5,234 Posts
For sure it is between Davydenko and Djokovic.

·
Registered
10,617 Posts
Remind me what surface is WTF played on? :angel:

Nadal's worst matchup, probably Youzhny who's going to beat him in straights. He beat Nadal 6-1 6-0. :eek:

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Where is Soderling on the poll?? Surely he is worse a matchup than Karlovic, Ljubicic, Isner and even maybe Tsonga.

Remind me what surface is WTF played on? :angel:
Problem about WTF is not "what surface" but when is it played, when everyone is spend basically.

·
Registered
29,207 Posts
Yep, it used to be Davydenko.

Nowadays it's Novak. Whenever Federer is on he will probably win too, but that's more to do with his overall skill than him being a good match-up.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts