Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who do you think is Netherland best Tennis player???

• Sjeng Schalken

Votes: 26 54.2%
  • Martin Verkerk

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Raemon Sluiter

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • John vna Lottum

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Dennis van Scheppingen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 2 4.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You tell me........

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Re: Re: Who do you think is Netherlands best Tennis player???

Yes, Sjeng.
Then Martin, then Raemon.

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
BOPANNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAA (Rohan Bopanna)........... HE'S IS SOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!! He's really really really really really cool, and he plays quite good.. Since he played davis Cup last week, I must say I think he can be really good!! If he'd only the chance to travel and have a good coach!! And he has also a good attitude towards everybody, with his sweet smile!!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
lizan, if i saw bopanna playing i was very afraid. he has a really great forehand. uuuuuh. i dont wanna stand on the other side of the net ;)

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
yeah that's what I mean.. I think he's really very talented.. Only his serve is powerfull though. The rest of his game isn't really powerfull, when he improves that, he's really good.. StephB Did you see him play in davis cup?? In what top do you think he should be when he played more tournaments? Like top50 or top100 or top10??

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
yeah. i saw him play there. i´ve been there all 3 days. i´m wondering why nobody knows him. he´s playing really really well. i mean remeber the match against verkerk. i´m sure he could play under the top 50. yeah. thats what i think :)

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
I think nobody knows him becuase he doesn't play any tournaments in ATP because he's simply not "GOOD" enough.. Which I think he is..
WOw you're lucky you got to be there.. The admosfere is really good there.. The dutch crowd is on one block behind their country, that's what make sit so good.
But I have to admitt, although I'm for the dutch team, I couldn't help but cheering for Bopanna.. I couln't be for Verkerk although I wanted to :)

Anyway, I see you are from Germany.. Why did you come to see Davis Cup in holland??

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
hey lizan! yeah. i´m from germany. you won´t believe when i tell you what i was asked the most at this weekend. everybody asked why i am not in germany at the DC? it´s totally different there. holland is a great country. the people are soooooo friendly there, the fans are great and the players are better of course :)

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
Cool to hear you love my country so much, I don't really like it btw..
Who are actually the players at ATP you like the most??
I'm really sad that I couldn't make it to davis cup.. But you know, maybe next time.......

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
yeah. i love the netherlands. wonderful country. cannot understand why you dont do! why not???
you asked for my favorite players. these are john van lottum and arnaud clement :) and then i like a loooooooong list of other players (but john and arnaud = the top). do you really want me to write down? :) i would do that. no question! ;)

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
Eej StephB,yeah hah I would like that if you want to do it, if you don't want to I'll understand!!
John van Lottum?? John van Lottum?????? Why him?? I agree on you with Arnaud.. He can be soooo good, but he didn't show much of it the last few tournaments (accept for what was it Rotterdam??) Played quite good.. I don't like Holland cause it's so cold here and there is harly a good view.. Give me south of Spain or Australia, India, Egypt!! That's all great..

Anyway back to tennis.. my favourite players are Seb Grosjean, Sjeng Schalken, and I hope to hear something from Rowan Bopanna soon!! :D

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
you dont like john? i never meet a person who likes him. terrible. but he is sooooo nice. maybe not on court :-D but outside. really really nice.
ok. so you really wanna know who i like. so here we go: except john and arnaud, there are seb!!!, portas, boutter, dupuis (nearly all frenchis), moya, corretja, youzhny ( i like him a lot),kempes (i expect that you dont like him?? :) ) etc. i think that should be enough for today :)
arnaud didnt play in rotterdam this year. what do you mean?
and i also like spain and france. and of course AUSTRALIA. seems to be a beautiful continent :)

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
Well about John, I was kind of surprised because he (I thought I'm not sure) never won an ATP tournament.. I remember Wimbledon this year. I thought it was kind of sad when he played Kuerten there, and couldn't play anymore.. I felt really sorry for him, coz he was playing really well, and I do think he can be really good. But off court I don't know him.. So..

I was mistaking about Arnaud playing well.. it wasn't Rotterdam, it was Rosmalen!! Sorry.. You like Seb too? Ow that's right I saw you at his forum :D . He's has made it trough the finals. Do you like womens tennis?? I don't really like it, it better than not having tennis at all, but mens tennis is way better!!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
sure men tennis is better. i dont watch women. its a kind of slow and boring :)
yeah. very sad that john had to play guga in wimbledon. didnt he have to give up there??? poor john. i saw him quite often this year and i saw some really really nice matches. respect.
and yeah again. arnaud played really well in rosmalen. have you been there. i love that tournament :) we directly came from halle. arnaud played there the semifinals. lost to kiefer. grrrrr.
and i like seb. yes. we also both are in that forum :) did i get it right that you speak a little german?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
oh. i forgot to say that seb lost to our german rainer. but arnaud!!!!!! he won he won he won. his second title. i´m sooooo happy. :)

·
Registered
5,814 Posts
yeah indeed.. sad for Seb. lucky for Arnaud.. I actually didn't know Rainer was this good since last year.. I still don't think he's really good, so I don't understand.. But he must be good since he's like 6 or something of the world..

Yeah a little bit german, but not enough for a whole conversation.. Last week, there were two guys in the train I was talking to, well the half was german, the other english :D
Ich kann nur ein bischen deutsch.. without dictionary hee!! I don't know if it's right.. Can you speak a little dutch??

No haven't been to rosmalen.. You did right?? My brother was there like three years ago.. I probably go to Rotterdams quarters if everything go's like I want to :D

Ah, we keep this forum going huh!! There aren't to many people talking here..

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
doent matter. but we´re talking :)
yes. i´ve been in rosmalen. last year and this year. nearly i went to every dutch tournament. so i speak a little litte bit dutch. ik kan een beetje nederlands praten. but not really good. with understanding it´s better. but at DC in zwolle i didnt understand that much. i think john is speaking quite understandable. but raemon... hehe. your german sentence was totally right. just one little mistake. bischen = bisschen or bißchen. everything else is correct. by the way of german. i think rainer is a quite good german player. he´s the best here at time. and i think he could win a lot more in the next time. but i´m not cheering for the german. more the french and dutch player :)

1 - 20 of 64 Posts