Mens Tennis Forums banner

:confused:

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
That's a tough one, I suppose Rafa to stay #1 to keep Djokovic from surpassing Rogie's total weeks at #1 for now, but on the flip side, I want Djokovic to win some more grand slams to keep Rafa from surpassing Rogie's grand slam total, while Djokovic himself stays below that number too, so it's a slippery slope!!

·
Banned
9,595 Posts
That's a tough one, I suppose Rafa to stay #1 to keep Djokovic from surpassing Rogie's total weeks at #1 for now, but on the flip side, I want Djokovic to win some more grand slams to keep Rafa from surpassing Rogie's grand slam total, while Djokovic himself stays below that number too, so it's a slippery slope!!
Nobody and nothing can stop No1e from breaking Federer's records. It's just a matter of time.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Nobody and nothing can stop No1e from breaking Federer's records. It's just a matter of time.
It’s very likely that Boat will break all of Rog’s records. However you know it isn’t 100% for sure. He could get a really serious injury or maybe lose his motivation to keep fighting on the tour

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
No way, total weeks at #1 is the bigger number in a career, shows a person was at the top for the most weeks overall, true dominance period!! Also Rogie has the most consecutive weeks at #1, that's a very dominant stat in itself too...

·
Registered
175 Posts
I think YE #1 is more critical than total numbers

I mean in serious condition you can't hold No 1 for long time but finally you got the edge, (like Rafa in 08,13,17,DJ in 12,14,Murray in 16)
whereas in weak era you could hold the record for hundreds of time like Fed in 03-07

I don't see beat a lot of mugs in weak era and stay in #1 really shining, when you put even Murray's peak in 03-07 he can be No 1 for hundred of weeks for sure

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
there are two number 1s today: Computer number 1 which is nadal and the True number 1 which is Nole. isn't it better that the true number 1 becomes the computer number 1 as well?

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
YE#1 is more important than weeks at #1. Nobody cares what team was #1 during the first 37 weeks of the Premiership Football Season, only who finishes there.
I'm pretty sure Rafa said the same thing, that finishing the year as #1 is a bigger achievement (than getting it at some other point during the year), like winning the tennis season. So this makes me think he'll do his best to be ready for Paris and London.
But sadly, I think he has about 10% chance.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts