Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone was to pull a 2014 AO Stan, who would it be? If Nadal loses before the F then Berdych certainly has a shot. Or maybe Berdych even has a shot if Nadal is in the F! :lol: But hey, we laughed at Stan's chances too.

Or Gulbis, if he gets hot he can take out anyone. Doubtful that he can keep it up to beat Djokovic, however.

Ferrer? Just don't see it, even if he beats Nadal.

Murray? Not really the same, Murray has slams.

Monfils? Ehh, I suppose it's theoretically possible, but...:lol:

Raonic? Nah

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
ahhhh Stan? It was AO 2014 he won ya know.

ohhh RG, then no one, it's either Rafa or Nole and it's not even close...

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Berdych has the most obvious parallels - arguably an underachiever reaching the latter stages of his career, mentally questionable against the best players but capable of blowing them off court, in Djokovic's half, poor recent record against Nadal but Nadal maybe struggling with his back.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,335 Posts
Berdych or Ferrer winning a slam would be awesome. I doubt it'll happen but you never know.

Raonic, Monfils or Gulbis with slams would be very strange but I wouldn't mind at all.

Murray winning RG would be absolutely hilarious and I hope it happens.

Djokovic or Nadal will most likely be the champions though.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
I would pay to see MTF's reaction if Clayray won RG.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
tennis level wise it does look like Gulbis atm. he is indeed able to beat each and any of the top players, he just needs to have his day every other one and for it to coincide with the playing days..

but i'd rather expect it from Monfils than Gulbis, dunno why tbh, considering the latter is atm a bigger clown indeed.

maybe the home venue and Noah's legacy

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,335 Posts
If Andy won RG it most likely be the most hilarious tennis result of all time. For MTF anyway.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts