Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ongoing 100th edition of the Australian Open got underway on the 16th of January 2012. Half of the players that remain in the competition are battling it out in the third round, with the other half making their way into the fourth round of the tournament.

In the Men's Singles in this year's Aussie Open, there remains to be some highly talented players left in the competition. The most notable players include: Swiss professional Roger Federer, the Spanish superstar Rafael Nadal, current Australian Open champion and Serbian national Novak Djokovic, and Great Britain's star man Andy Murray.

At the moment the bookie's favourite remains to be Djokovic with best odds set at 11/10. This is not surprising at the least as the Serbian star won the Australian Open as recent as last year. People who bet on tennis should remember this.

Last year's final proved to be a tremendous affair with Djokovic defeating British national Murray 3-sets to love. It was a deserved win for the Serb and remained to be yet another final where the Scotsman failed to claim a Grand Slam title. Andy Murray has been involved in 3 separate Grand Slam finals and has finished runner-up each time. I believe that this could be the year that Murray claims a prestigious Grand Slam title, especially when considering his current form. The Brit's odds for winning the Australian Open 2012 are set at odds of around 5/1 making him the third favourite of the tournament. Those looking at the tennis betting should bear this in mind.

Nadal's chances of winning this year's Aussie open remain to be quite high. The bookies generally consider the Spaniard to be the fourth favourite of the tournament with best odds set at 13/2. If I were to place a bet at this point of the competition then my money would have to be on Rafael Nadal. Nadal is one of the most successful tennis players in the game today and with 10 Grand Slam titles under his belt, he is sure to be one of the main contenders in the competition.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts