Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
12,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Cilic lost to the best in the world (Djokovic) in the last 2 slams. Just terrible luck since Djokovic is his worst match-up. He would have gone really far if he got good draws. SF or even a final. I can see Cilic 2.0. beating anyone of the rest on a good day apart from Djokovic.

This means Cilic will meet Djokovic in USO final if he is in Nadal's half. Nadal should pray that he doesn't see this beast in his quarter/half. Otherwise he is toast.

:sport:

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Cilic lost to the best in the world (Djokovic) in the last 2 slams. Just terrible luck since Djokovic is his worst match-up. He would have gone really far if he got good draws. SF or even a final. I can see Cilic 2.0. beating anyone of the rest on a good day apart from Djokovic.

This means Cilic will meet Djokovic in USO final if he is in Nadal's half. Nadal should pray that he doesn't see this beast in his quarter/half. Otherwise he is toast.

Now it's too late because someone is sure to phone uncle Toni.

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
Cilic/Nadal would be fun to watch. Depending on Andy's form, I'd say Cilic would probably be the favourite in that match too.

·
Administrator
6,072 Posts
Cilic 2.0 to draw Nadal or Federer as early as possible should be good for the game though.

In all seriousness, it would be good to see him avoid Novak since he has pushed him but lost in the last couple of slams, and in a different quarter / 4R match he may have progressed (or even been the favourite to progress), but I don't exactly have big hopes for him even if he lands in a good section of the draw.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Indeed, Cilic has been a beast lately. In his current form he could beat any of the top guys, although he would still be an underdog against Djokovic, Nadal, and Federer at least.

·
Banned
9,577 Posts
Somehow this thread gave Cilic even less of a chance of reaching the final

good job OP

·
Banned
97 Posts
This thread is a joke. Djokovic didn't stop him at Wimbledon. He stopped himself. Does anyone remember him making a single first serve in the last 2 sets?

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
murphymesmo would likely lose to cilic 1.5 at the uso.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
What was happened that Marin is so good now?
I saw terrible Marin in the first round, he didn't run for any ball just served great. He was completely opposite in the 2nd round, he was on every single ball but this is just Umag 2nd round. He was bad vs Djoko, too. That match both played very bad. He was great vs Berdych and Chardy but nothing special in the first 2 rounds.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts

Nadal, Murray, Federer can all beat Cillic. He lacks too much and crumbles mentally under pressure.

·
Registered
6,350 Posts
novak has the title already so Cilic should pray to be in the other half to get the finalist check, pretty much done and dusted.
A croat and a serb will duke it out

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
This thread is a joke. Djokovic didn't stop him at Wimbledon. He stopped himself. Does anyone remember him making a single first serve in the last 2 sets?
Oh please, Novak should have won that much much quicker than he did, he let Cilic back in it. Cilic played some good tennis but Nole was woeful in that match.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts