Corona Virus....

·
Registered
160 Posts
Nadal To Win This Whole Thing Hopefully

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
He has a really tough draw and he hasn’t played in months so, anybody in his path could stop him. I still think he will win but very interested to see him.

·
Your visions will happen
48,513 Posts
Given the form Novak is in, Novak is the favorite to win Rome. I expect Novak to win.
If Djokovic wins Rome and loses RG F, he will clinch YE #1 assuming Rafa does not play Vienna or something. So a lot on the line for Djoker

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
If Djokovic wins Rome and loses RG F, he will clinch YE #1 assuming Rafa does not play Vienna or something. So a lot on the line for Djoker
I think Novak would finish #1 even if he skipped the rest of the season tbh. But anyway, I do expect Novak to win Rome and RG given the form he's in. He's also pissed off now after what happened at USO. He's going to be more determined than ever.

·
Your visions will happen
48,513 Posts
I think Novak would finish #1 even if he skipped the rest of the season tbh. But anyway, I do expect Novak to win Rome and RG given the form Novak is in. He's also pissed off now after what happened at USO. He's going to be more determined than ever.
Well a Rome title and a RG title would clinch YE #1 for sure, get him to 20-19-18, and 5.5 YE #1 to only 5 each for Fed and Rafa. Djokovic chances to become the undisputed Open Era GOAT within 6-12 months are still on the cards. But of course nothing is guaranteed, as we saw in USO, until it is clinched mathematically

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I think Novak would finish #1 even if he skipped the rest of the season tbh. But anyway, I do expect Novak to win Rome and RG given the form he's in. He's also pissed off now after what happened at USO. He's going to be more determined than ever.
Yep he’s in perfect default form

·
Your visions will happen
48,513 Posts
6* YE #1, for correction.
Yes I did some research and I will agree to that one. He will get a 6th YE #1 if he does finish this year, no asterisk either imo, but he of course will not get the weeks from the middle of the season.

So in that case the records will be

Tilden/Gonzales- 7 YE #1
Laver/Sampras/Djokovic- 6 YE #1
Federer/Nadal/Rosewall/Kramer- 5 YE #1

I will have to delve into the record and history books to find the true weeks at #1 record. Any of the above may have more than 310 and we don't even know it

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Yes I did some research and I will agree to that one. He will get a 6th YE #1 if he does finish this year, no asterisk either imo, but he of course will not get the weeks from the middle of the season.

So in that case the records will be

Tilden/Gonzales- 7 YE #1
Laver/Sampras/Djokovic- 6 YE #1
Federer/Nadal/Rosewall/Kramer- 5 YE #1

I will have to delve into the record and history books to find the true weeks at #1 record. Any of the above may have more than 310 and we don't even know it
Lol what? None of that is even recognized by the ATP or record books.

·
Your visions will happen
48,513 Posts
Lol what? None of that is even recognized by the ATP or record books.

My post over here also explains a lot

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I read it but it's irrelevant. None of it is recognized by the ATP. Wikipedia isn't an official source of information, ether.

·
justice for all
15,099 Posts
Even if Vulturovic ends 2020 as no1 it will be asterisked forever. This is a corona year in which essentailly 50% of events weren’t even played so it just doesn’t count. In Wikipedia there will always be an *asterisk next to it. Asteriskovic knows it very well. His fans should know better.

·
Registered
7,650 Posts
If anyone can, it's Djokovic. He is 4-time champion and 5-time runner up. It's his favourite clay event and he beat Nadal there three times. Another answer is Nadal being rusty and losing earlier.

Even if Vulturovic ends 2020 as no1 it will be asterisked forever. This is a corona year in which essentailly 50% of events weren’t even played so it just doesn’t count. In Wikipedia there will always be an *asterisk next to it. Asteriskovic knows it very well. His fans should know better.
Should we also asterisk USO title with Federer out, Nadal out due to corona situation, and Djokovic out in rare circumstances? Don't ridicule yourself.

·
justice for all
15,099 Posts
If anyone can, it's Djokovic. He is 4-time champion and 5-time runner up. It's his favourite clay event and he beat Nadal there three times. Another answer is Nadal being rusty and losing earlier.

Should we also asterisk USO title with Federer, Wawrinka out, Nadal out due to corona situation, and Djokovic out in rare circumstances? Don't ridicule yourself.
It’s a different story. The event was played - fair and square - 7 BO5 matches. Some players were absent which happens in every slam really. Some lost early which happens normally too.
On the other hand 2020 as a total is a complete mess - 50% wasn’t even played. The points from 2019 are kept. YE #1 for 2020 shouldn’t even be awarded in the first place. The difference is obvious for everyone bar deluded Djoko fangirls.

·
Registered
7,650 Posts
It’s a different story. The event was played - fair and square - 7 BO5 matches. Some players were absent which happens in every slam really. Some lost early which happens normally too.
On the other hand 2020 as a total is a complete mess - 50% wasn’t even played. The points from 2019 are kept. YE #1 for 2020 shouldn’t even be awarded in the first place. The difference is obvious for everyone bar deluded Djoko fangirls.
Let's see if all remaining events will be played. If 3 slams, WTF and a few Masters1000 are played it's still majority of big events played for #1 spot contenders. And remember that Djoko lost some of his favourite tournaments (Wimby, Sunshine Double), which may have hurt his titles collection this year and increased Federer's chances to keep GS record (should we also asterisk his record, Einstein?)

As for keeping points from 2019, I wouldn't count them for YE#1. It makes no sense. I know the ranking formula changed but if they want to award YE#1 it should only count points from 2020, it's obvious. No matter their decision, to me YE#1 will be the guy will most points in 2020.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts