Rafa? No
Rogie? Best chance
Medvedev? No
Thiem? No
Tsitsipas? Possibly
Zverev? No
Berrettini? No
Someone else? Not likely

Conclusion: Rogie, Tsitsipas, or no one!!

My pick: Rogie...

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Nick ? I hope to see that draw

·
Registered
308 Posts
I don't think Nadal has any chance to upset Novak. If he got into position where he looks like he's going to win, SunSeekerSlade would rush the court and attack Rafa.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Medvedev definitely has a chance as he’s beaten him 2 out of the last 3 times. Im aware it’s best of 5 but Medvedev can’t be counted out. Federer has a chance but he’s been inconsistent with his performances and even if he plays well, it still might not be enough. Dull has no chance and should pray Djokovic has mercy and doesn’t roast him last last years final. Tsitsipas perhaps but again, not sure if he can do it in best of 5. Kyrgios and Karlovic have winning records over Djokovic so perhaps them? ?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Jinx thread. I'm posting as an anti-jinx.

·
Your visions will happen
48,653 Posts
Well probably Medvedev or Tsitsipas I'd say. Fed and Rafa I think need Djoker to lose before they play if they want to win

Djokovic for sure is the heavy favorite, I'd be shocked if he lost

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
If StanimaI shows up, Novak shouId b very concerned, otherwise outside chances r for a focused Aussie Hunchback & Ieast Iikely a Tsitsi serving Iights out. However, uItimateIy it wiII b on Novak’s racquet & whether he's Iocked in enough. My personal preference is for a duel vs Swiss ‘GOAT’ to claim king of AO & HC’s.

·
Registered
15,229 Posts
Its unfortunate that the expert Djokovic hitman Stanimal isn't playing but other than him an early exit to thug is possible. Perhaps Fed can use the confidence from the WTF match to take out DJ.

·
6,485 Posts
If StanimaI shows up, Novak shouId b very concerned, otherwise outside chances r for a focused Aussie Hunchback & Ieast Iikely a Tsitsi serving Iights out. However, uItimateIy it wiII b on Novak’s racquet & whether he's Iocked in enough. My personal preference is for a duel vs Swiss ‘GOAT’ to claim king of AO & HC’s.
Stanimal is not showing up, no chance.
Nole should be at RG Nadalesque odds to win a record extending 8th AO title in Melbourne.
He is just in sublime form, and this is his favourite Slam.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts