• Chokovic will appear

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • No one, #10 is on the way :sport:

Votes: 22 34.9%
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
1,606 Posts
Unless No1e develops a solid and steady two week offensive game/mindset its hard to see him getting past a red hot Wawrinka or Murray given his past record of terminal brainfarting and choking (with exception of 2007/2010, nothing more he could have done in those two finals). That being said, as a proud No1e fan, I really hope he succeeds though.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Stanimal? If he ever wins against Novak at a slam again I will be very surprised. Novak ALWAYS meets the challenge whenever it is posed. Learned to deal with Fed, Nadal and Murray - will deal with Peakrinka too.

The real danger lurks among the young ones and players you least expect to peak. Pospisl, Sock, Kyrgios etc. - one of them will explode soon. Not sure whether it's gonna be US OPEN or next year.

Reactions: RocketMan70

·
Banned
1,606 Posts
Stanimal? If he ever wins against Novak at a slam again I will be very surprised. Novak ALWAYS meets the challenge whenever it is posed. Learned to deal with Fed, Nadal and Murray - will deal with Peakrinka too.

The real danger lurks among the young ones and players you least expect to peak. Pospisl, Sock, Kyrgios etc. - one of them will explode soon. Not sure whether it's gonna be US OPEN or next year.
Just stop, Jack Sock is not beating No1e.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

The real danger lurks among the young ones and players you least expect to peak. Pospisl, Sock , Kyrgios etc. - one of them will explode soon. Not sure whether it's gonna be US OPEN or next year.
You cannot be serious. :haha: :haha: :haha:

·
6,479 Posts
He is deadly serious.
Stanimal does not usually appear twice in one year either, plus he is not as good on fast hard court as in Melbourne.
Novak is looking unstoppable, all he really needs now is to be motivated - and I think Boris will make sure of that.

·
Banned
1,606 Posts
Chico please correct your minions regarding the notion that Jack Sock can beat No1e. Thank you.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Chico please correct your minions regarding the notion that Jack Sock can beat No1e. Thank you.
Noobs. :devil: You have the nerve to say that Nole's 30 year old regulars will beat him, yet fail to get the reasoning that some young guy might have a ridiculously good run at a slam and surprise everyone. Gave those names as examples (does not have to be them necessarily), but you would do well to actually watch their matches before rofling. Sock has power in his shots and will play in front of home crowd. Pospisl looked good during Wimbledon, could continue with decent results in Canada and US (home crowd a factor also). Why are they a surprising choice yet an irresponsible, inconsistent, slow, mental midget like Kyrgios isn't? :rolleyes:

P.S. I do expect Nole to own everyone regardless. :devil:

·
Registered
18,097 Posts
Nishikori will beat him again if there are no external factors tampering with the proceedings. Well then again last year he won despite having had to play back to back 5 setters in the scorching heat, so even external factors might not be enough to help Djokovic.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Only external factors. Nothing else.

That is what stopped him in 4 finals and some SFs like last year, in USO so far. Hopefully they will have no effect this year.

Reactions: RocketMan70

·
Registered
18,097 Posts
Only external factors. Nothing else.

That is what stopped him in 4 finals in USO so far. Hopefully they will have no effect this year.
So no external factors in the semifinal last year? Good to know.

·
Registered
4,566 Posts
Nishikori will beat him again if there are no external factors tampering with the proceedings. Well then again last year he won despite having had to play back to back 5 setters in the scorching heat, so even external factors might not be enough to help Djokovic.
I just hope Trollkori doesn't start toying with opponents again to further inflate his deciding set record. Needs to preserve his body better.

·
Registered
6,724 Posts
Nishikori is probably too weak and injured to cause real damage to anyone, let alone Djokovic. Stan on a redlining ball bashing day like RG, is his biggest threat. Then maybe Murray if he somehow find his mojo somewhere in that fortnight.

·
23,494 Posts
Nishikori is probably too weak and injured to cause real damage to anyone, let alone Djokovic. Stan on a redlining ball bashing day like RG, is his biggest threat. Then maybe Murray if he somehow find his mojo somewhere in that fortnight.
While Stan was hitting hard most of the time, he actually engaged in long rallies -- actually he plays better against Djokovic for some reason in rallies that are long but not long enough, as seen in AO 2014 (some actually thought he was outpushing Djokovic at times. :lol:). He kinda ballbashed more in AO 2015, and it didn't work that much. What he needs is long rallies that push Djokovic from side to side, and hope to find the opening, or at least make a surprise move when Djokovic feels he's on a rhythm, I think.

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
If Nishi gets to no.4 and Federer stays at no.2, we know very well who wouldn't be able to stop Fedal from making USO'15 finals.

The same guys as the last USO but with Cilic instead of Nishi, i.e. Djokovic, Stanimal, Murray, Cilic, Stronga ...

It's a simple statistics, no, about 5% probability for either Djokovic or Federer to get all HC contenders or Nadal, i.e. 100% for Djokovic to get all the contenders and 0% for Fedal, no, Just do it, again.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Stanimal or external factors :)yeah:) can beat Nole at USO. I don't think that Nishikori could repeat his success from last year this year again.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Servebots in a row. All you have to line 3 of them in succession, 3-4 nasty ones, and Nole could crack. Karlovic, Isner, Anderson, Raonic (when healthy). Pure nightmare.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts